BRM Reviews the 2/27/2019 NXT UK (disappointing)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/27/2019 NXT UK (disappointing)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 4th, '19, 14:06

TYLER BATE vs. JACK GALLAGHER- 7/10
WRESTLING!

JORDAN DEVLIN ATTACKS TRAVIS BANKS DURING A “DRILL” AT THE PERFORMANCE CENTER- didn’t like it.
First of all, I’m tired of this feud not going anywhere. Secondly, the kind of “drill” they were doing felt like it exposed the business too much, which is not what I want to see in the middle of the show.

NINA SAMUELS VIDEO PACKAGE- okay
I kind of see what they’re going for but don’t really care for it.

EDDIE DENNIS SELFIE PROMO- I had totally forgotten that he existed. He promises to take everyone out when he returns.

KASSIUS OHNO vs. WALTER- 6.5/10
This… was disappointing. I get why it had to be this way, but if you’re going to book WALTER vs. Ohno then you can’t blame me for being disappointed when it’s not the emotion-filled slugfest and submission clinic I was expecting.

EL LIGERO SELFIE PROMO- good… but maybe don’t put this right after the Kassius Ohno match and thus making it painfully clear that Joseph Connors is basically just doing Ohno’s “shiny new toys” gimmick.
Next week we’re getting Ligero vs. Connors and Banks vs. Devlin Falls Count Anywhere.

NXT UK TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Grizzled Young Veterans(c) vs. Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan- 7.25/10
Another disappointing match. Maybe I went into this show with the wrong mindset, but we’re far enough after TakeOver: Blackpool and this particular match has been talked up for quite a bit, so I don’t think I was out of line to expect something that felt like a big match. This didn’t. I’m sure that the non-British crowd was part of the issue, as a lot of the pitch to the match felt like it was about a homecoming for Danny Burch that never actually happened, but the match itself didn’t feel any bigger than a standard TV main event. Everyone worked hard, but sometimes that’s not enough to deliver in a big spot.

A disappointing episode of NXT UK. This whole Phoenix trips feels like something of a bust.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3