BRM Reviews the 1/30/2019 NXT (great)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 1/30/2019 NXT (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '19, 23:36

KAIRI SANE & IO SHIRAI vs. THE FOUR HORSEWOMEN (Marina Shafir & Jessamyn Duke)- 7/10
Mauro referred to the team of Io and Kairi as the “Sky Pirates.” I SOOOOO hope that becomes an official name.
Also, I WANT MORE SKY PIRATES NOW! Do you want to know how to ensure that the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles are a bit hit? PUT THEM ON THE SKY PIRATES!

JOHNNY GARGANO PROMO FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- GREAT!
“Winning feels great.”

BIANCA BELAIR PROMO FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- I don’t like the “undefeated is a mindset” thing. She lost. Any attempt to obfuscate it is heelish in my opinion. As for the Sam Roberts thing, there has to be more of a story to this whole thing. Either he said something he shouldn’t have, or they told him to say it so that they could spring the question on her to see how she reacted. Otherwise them even bringing it up and having her cut a promo on him for saying that Baszler shouldn’t be afraid of her because she’s not technically skilled enough is just weird.

WAR RAIDERS PROMO FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- fine.

MATT RIDDLE PROMO FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- good

STREET PROFITS vs. FORGOTTEN SONS (w/Jaxon Ryker)- 7/10
Gabe’s probably not happy that his tag champs just did a job, but I think all anyone will remember from this match is the fact that MONTEZ FORD CAN FLY LIKE SUPERMAN!

A great episode of NXT. Yes, it’s very TakeOver fallout-heavy, but between some good post-TakeOver promos and the two matches we got, I’m perfectly happy to call this a great show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 1/30/2019 NXT (great)

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 3rd, '19, 14:33

That whole Bianca Belair promo was absolute nonsense. And Wtf is Sam Houston anyway and why does anyone care?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.