BRM Reviews the (second) 12/26/2018 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the (second) 12/26/2018 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 2nd, '19, 09:13

JAMES DRAKE & ZACK GIBSON vs. “WILD BOAR” MIKE HITCHMAN & JAY MELROSE- 4.5/10
Heels won clean.

ZACK GIBSON PROMO- great!
He loves his city but hates the fans. This was similar to last week’s annoying segment in the streets, but this time it felt like it actually had a point (explaining directly to the fans why he hates them).

MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN PROMO- The audio was terrible so I couldn’t hear. This is not okay for a post-produced show.

DAVE MASTIFF vs. JOSH MORRELL- Morrell got attacked by Eddie Dennis on his way to the ring so the match never happened.

JOSEPH CONNORS PROMO- He’s upset for being under contract for a long time but getting passed over in favor of the “shiny new toys.” “Shiny new toys” appears to be Hunter’s version of “each and every one of you.”

MARK ANDREWS vs. MARCEL BARTHEL- 6.75/10
A very good match that wound up having an interference finish courtesy of Fabian Aichner. He was at ringside for a while, though, so you’d think Andrews’ tag team partner “Flash” Morgan Webster would have come out to do something about this but he didn’t.

TONI STORM VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

NXT UK WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Rhea Ripley(c) vs. Deonna Purrazzo- 7/10
Rhea wins clean, then attacks Deonna after the match in order to create a situation where Toni Storm gets to come out and make the save because she’s mean. Toni Storm came out to make the save, then showed Deonna respect.

Another very meh episode of NXT UK. I really just don’t care about 90% of the things going on in this promotion right now, and I’m not even sure what they could do to make me care.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3