BRM Reviews the 12/26/2018 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/26/2018 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 27th, '18, 09:40

FATAL FOUR-WAY #1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: Bianca Belair vs. Mia Yim vs. Lacey Evans vs. Io Shirai- 6.75/10
Good storytelling and a heck of a finishing sequence. Bianca Belair finally gets her title shot at TakeOver: Phoenix.

MITCH TAVERNA vs. JAXSON RYKER (w/Forgotten Sons)- squash
Am I the only one who has zero interest in these Forgotten Sons? They’re dudes in leather jackets. I understand what the characters are supposed to be, but nothing they actually do makes them feel like anything more than big mean dudes in leather jackets.

VELVETEEN DREAM VIDEO PACKAGE- filler

TOMMASO CIAMPA PROMO- great!
He says that Johnny Gargano finally followed his lead last week and the result was Johnny pinning the #1 contender to the NXT Title. He says that in his opinion, Gargano should be given a title shot. Not at his title of course, because Aleister Black already has that, but how about the North American Title? Ciampa also encouraged Johnny to think about them being champions together, just like they dreamed about as DIY.

NXT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong & Kyle O’Reilly)(c) vs. Heavy Machinery- 6.5/10
Basic tag team stuff. UE win clean. Not much else to say.

A decent episode of NXT, though I was expecting a little more out of both big matches.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3