BRM Reviews 12/19/2018 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews 12/19/2018 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 19th, '18, 23:53

IO SHIRAI & DAKOTA KAI vs. THE FOUR HORSEWOMEN (Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir)- 6/10
The Horsewomen looked good in their debut, but having lose clean made them feel declawed.

MATT RIDDLE PRESS CONFERENCE- great!
He took getting knocked out from behind by Ohno in a very laid-back, Matt Riddle way. He dared Ohno to get in the ring with him again and said he would knock Ohno out in seven seconds yet again.

DOMINIC DIJAKOVIC vs. AARON MACKEY- squash

HEAVY MACHINERY VIDEO PACKAGE- I’m pretty sure this was the same one that aired last week.

Regal Tweeted out that Io getting the win in tonight’s opener has qualified her for next week’s four-way #1 contendership match (along with Mia Yim, Lacey Evans, & Bianca Belair).

HEAVY MACHINERY vs. TWO JOBBERS- squash
Heavy Machinery are getting a title shot next week. Consequently, Undisputed Era came out to watch this match.

STEEL CAGE MATCH: Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano- 8/10
They’re using the Hell in a Cell is lowering music, and the match really has a Hell in a Cell feel to it.
The match was awesome, and the finish gives Gargano a win over Black now without Black having to lose clean. Said finish saw Ciampa slam the door on Aleister’s head as he was about to escape the cage. Ciampa started beating on Aleister inside the cage, and Gargano saw this and stopped his descent and climbed back into he cage. After a long, stare-down during which Gargano looked very conflicted, they hit Aleister with the DIY finish… and then immediately instinctively put some defensive distance between them. The stare-down resumed until Ciampa left the cage, and Gargano then pinned Black for the win.

A good episode of NXT, although a little disappointing, if I’m being honest. This cage match felt like it was something destined to be epic and wasn’t, and the Horsewomen doing a clean job in their first match just feels wrong. Next week’s women’s four-way #1 contenderhsip match should be pretty great, though.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews 12/19/2018 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 21st, '18, 11:20

You knew it was coming...he's got some impressive moves...but....

This Dijakovic....he's kinda lean for his size...not that I don't like the style and all...but when I heard he's 6'7 285...with THAT frame...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 21st, '18, 11:42

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 21st, '18, 11:20 You knew it was coming...he's got some impressive moves...but....

This Dijakovic....he's kinda lean for his size...not that I don't like the style and all...but when I heard he's 6'7 285...with THAT frame...
Yeah. He's lanky, but has low body fat. It's 285 of all muscle.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 21st, '18, 11:45

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 21st, '18, 11:42
KILLdozer wrote: Dec 21st, '18, 11:20 You knew it was coming...he's got some impressive moves...but....

Yeah. He's lanky, but has low body fat. It's 285 of all muscle.
Yeah that's what I was thinking...very "Lanky".

I guess he's gonna be replacing Sullivan in that spot.

Also...great touch not giving Duke and Shafir different music. I get that they're a unit and they've only been used to further Shayna Bazler...but that just makes them seem as an extension of her.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.