BRM Reviews 12/19/2018 205 Live (awesome!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews 12/19/2018 205 Live (awesome!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 19th, '18, 22:50

OPENING SEGMENT- good
Ariya Daivair & Hideo Itami come out and Daivari says he’s tired of people disrespecting Itami, and so until Itami is given some worthy competition, “this epsidoe of 205 Live is cancelled!” Drake Maverick them comes out and threatens to suspend them for this BS but Noam Dar comes out and asks for a match instead. Drake says that he will make this match out of respect for Dar and the fans, and tells the heels that if they were do something like this again, he’ll fire them! I cannot tell you how happy I am to see someone in management actually respond to this type of situation in a realistic manner.

NAOM DAR vs. HIDEO ITAMI (w/Ariya Daivari)- 6/10
The match was good. Itami won with some sort of wacky knee-strike that is a lot lamer than the GTS.

DRAKE MAVERICK & BUDDY MURPHY BACKSTAGE- Murphy wants his next challenger be an actual challenge. He was a dick about this. Maverick says he’ll have an announcement in the next few days.

LIO RUSH vs. A JOBBER- squash
Lio started to cut a promo, but then just sucker-punched the jobber. Then the match happened and Lio squashed the jobber.

CEDRIC ALEXANDER SELFIE PROMO- a good babyface “yes, I lost… but I’ll work even harder to get another title shot and win the title back” promo.

STREET FIGHT: The Submission Commission vs. Brian Kendrick & Akira Tozawa- 8.75/10
Kendrick is back to his short-haired, clean-shaven babyface look. Holy sh*t last week’s haircut comment actually got paid off in a way that wasn’t stupid!
This was an awesome and relatively unique-feeling street fight because they made an effort to use weapons that were very different from the norm, and were only thing that it would actually make sense to find under the ring. This is definitely one you should see for yourself.

Another awesome episode of 205 Live.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3