BRM Reviews the (second) 12/12/2018 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the (second) 12/12/2018 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '18, 18:05

MARK COFFEY & WOLFGANG vs. EL LIGERO & ASHTON SMITH- 6/10
Good small babyfaces vs. large heels match.

WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT- Sid Scala announced Rhea Ripley vs. Isla Dawn for next week. The two women had a forced, UFC weigh-in stare-down. More troublingly, when they set this up with a replay of the segment from what I thought was last week, they labeled it as “three weeks ago.” I’m not watching the wrong episode, am I?

RADZIE INTERVIEWS THE COFFEY BROTHERS & WOLFGANG- great!
I think they’re stable’s name is “Gallas.” Joe Coffey laid out a challenge for Pete Dunne.

JOSEPH CONNORS vs. A JOBBER- squash

RADZIE INTERVIEWS XIA BROOKSIDE- She cut what I’m sure was supposed to be a “look at me, I’m a fun but undersized babyface” promo to build up to her match against Jinny tonight, but she just came off as someone who wasn’t taking her job seriously. Jinny dropped by in order to give Xia a disgusted look and walk away.

TYSON T-BONE & SOME OTHER GUY VIDEO PACKAGE- What is this goofy Bray Wyatt sh*t?
Also, they are apparently a tag team now so they can go after the NXT UK Tag Team Titles.

JINNY vs. XIA BROOKSIDE- 4/10
Jinny won.

ZACK GIBSON & JAMES DRAKE PROMO- They said they were going to be the first NXT UK Tag Team Champions. I’m not sure why someone felt the need to have them come out in front of the people just to say this instead of doing a backstage promo, but whatever.

EDDIE DENNIS vs. DAVE MASTIFF- 7/10
Mastiff got the win, but Dennis got to look very impressive with some crazy feats of strength lifting Mastiff up. Dennis is one of those rare heels who for whom it feels like losing will only make him more dangerous in the future rather than making him feel less dangerous.

A decent episode of NXT UK.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3