BRM Reviews the (first) 12/12/2018 NXT UK (awesome!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the (first) 12/12/2018 NXT UK (awesome!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '18, 17:12

“FLASH” MORGAN WEBSTER vs. FABIAN AICHNER- 6.75/10
They showed Webster and Mark Andrews having a meeting in a hallway earlier today, but they were too quiet for me to understand anything they were saying. Andrews came out to ringside to support Webster as soon as he got into trouble in this match. The match was pretty good, although the finish was rather disappointing. Basically, Aichner was going to hit Webster with that running knee into the step, but Andrews ran over to distract him. Then, when Aichner got Webster back into the ring, Webster had recovered enough to roll him up. What a bullsh*t thing for the babyfaces to do.

RADZIE INTERVIEWS AMIR JORDAN- He and Kenny Williams want the NXT Tag Team Titles, and hope to position themselves in the tournament when they face Gibson & Drake tonight. Goofy dancing occurred. Then Kenny Williams showed up and told Jordan that he had to be serious tonight. I do not like this Amir Jordan goofball, and yet also find Williams to be a dislikable for the hypocrisy of telling someone else to be more serious while wearing 3-D glasses on his head.

WOLFGANG & THE COFFER BROTHERS BACKSTAGE- I couldn’t understand anything they said, either. Why does the backstage audio suck this week?

ISLA DAWN vs. KILLER KELLY- 4/10
Isla Dawn is from Glasgow? If she’s a witch, shouldn’t she be from Coventry?
The match was short. Isla worked over Kelly’s leg, Kelly got some offense in, then Isla made a comeback and won. This is not okay, NXT UK! When I said I was excited that you were bringing in Killer Kelly, it was not because I wanted to see her do a bunch of jobs!

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- fine
Radzie tried to interview Isla but she basically took the mic away and just cut a promo instead of answering his questions. She said she wanted a shot at the NXT UK Women’s Title. Then- lo and behold- the NXT UK Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley appeared. Maybe she was already on her way out to the ring… or maybe Isla teleported her to the Gorilla position and then caused her music to play with her dark witch magic. We’ll never know. Isla cut a promo challenging Rhea to a title match but Rhea just walked off.

DAVE MASTIFF INTERVIEW- Dave Mastiff should not ever be seen in a suit. Eddie Dennis showed up and said he was the real “undefeated monster of NXT UK.” Mastiff challenged Eddie to a match to determine which of them is the real “undefeated monster of NXT UK.”

JAMES DRAKE & ZACK GIBSON vs. AMIR JORDAN & KENNY WILLIAMS- 7/10
Great babyface in peril tag team stuff.

TRENT SEVEN (w/Tyler Bate) vs. JOE COFFEY (w/Mark Coffey & Wolfgang)- 8.5/10
An awesome main event with an extremely hot crowd. Seven sold wonderfully and they just kept ramping things up with the nearfalls and near-taps. Go out of your way to see this one.

An awesome episode of NXT UK. It was awesome in the ring, built things up for both the immediate and medium-term futures, and, possibly for the first time ever, I finished one episode of NXT UK and immediately want to watch the next, which is important if they are going to insist on putting out two shows a week on the same day.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3