BRM Reviews the 11/21/2018 NXT (bad)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 11/21/2018 NXT (bad)

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 21st, '18, 22:07

KEITH LEE vs. FIDEL BRAVO- squash
OMFG this “Fidel Bravo” individual looks far too ridiculous for words to describe. Also, he’s very small, so Lee squashed him. Lee not using his own music is a very poor decision on WWE’s part.

CATHY KELLEY INTERVIEWS SHAYNA BASZLER- fine.
I was more amused by Duke and Shafir wearing matching shirts, with Shafir’s saying “let’s fight” and Duke (the Twitch streamer) wearing one that said “let’s play.”

OHNO VS. RIDDLE RECAP- fine

MATT RIDDLE INTERVIEWER FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- I don’t know who this blonde interviewer is, but she comes off as less of a serious interviewer like the others and more of an MTV-type of interviewer who serves up mostly softballs and very overtly feels like she is trying to help get the interviewee over.
They put over that Riddle’s win over Ohno was the quickest in TakeOver history. Riddle said “de-but” again, so I guess that’s his gimmick now.

LARS SULLIVAN vs. A JOBBER- squash
Lars squashed the jobber, then said that he would do the same to everyone else until he gets an NXT Title match. I thought Lars’ delivery was pretty good. Lars went back to attack the jobber again but Keith Lee came out and made the save via POUNCE.

BLACK VS. GARGANO RECAP- VERY long

THE BLONDE INTERVIEWER ATTEMPTS TO INTERVIEWER ALEISTER BLACK AFTER TAKEOVER- He ignores her questions about whether or not he is done with Gargano. Black comes upon Candice LeRae, they have a stare-down, and Candice leaves. As Alesiter walked off, there was someone in a red jacket standing in the background in a spot where he was impossible not to notice, but also didn’t interact with anyone in any way and wasn’t acknowledged at all. This might have been important, or just someone who should have been shooed out of the way so they could redo their pre-tape.

KEITH LEE & LARS SULLIVAN HAVE A RUN-IN BACKSTAGE- officials manage to convince them to walk away from each other. We then learned that they have been booked against each other for next week.

WAR GAMES RECAP- WILL IT EVER END?!

NIKKI CROSS vs. CANDICE LERAE- 4.75/10
Candice became the first woman to kick out of Nikki Cross’ finisher… and this felt COMPLETELY INSIGNIFICANT. That’s not good. This match was relatively short and disappointing, despite some big spots. Nikki won clean, so that’s a third straight loss for Candice.

A very disappointing episode of NXT. Yes, they moved some things along, but I swear that at least 75% of this show felt like TakeOver replays. Combine that with Cross vs. Candice being disappointing, and you have what has to be one of the worst episodes of NXT in the past few years.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/21/2018 NXT (bad)

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 22nd, '18, 11:04

So while watching the Keith Lee and Sullivan segment....this bitch just said "fantastic beasts"

Harry Potter references Gtfoh. Someone sling a bunch of papers at him again.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 22nd, '18, 11:11

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 22nd, '18, 11:04 So while watching the Keith Lee and Sullivan segment....this bitch just said "fantastic beasts"

Harry Potter references Gtfoh. Someone sling a bunch of papers at him again.
Both of them are BEASTS, and both are fantastic, in their own way. It was wholly appropriate.
I was ,much more appalled at ""trying to rearrange Nikki Cross's face DNA."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 22nd, '18, 11:13

Cheesiest nerd thing ever.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 22nd, '18, 11:13

Also, Ciampa's theme is one of the best things in wrestling.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 22nd, '18, 11:26

Hmm. Candice is wearing all white and bright colors again. Definitely not what I expected.

This bitch also just said..."Tenacious C"...

*Hank Hill sigh of disgust*