BRM Reviews the 10/31/2018 NXT UK (the first one)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/31/2018 NXT UK (the first one)

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 31st, '18, 18:05

SAXTON HUXLEY vs. TRENT SEVEN- 4/10
Huxley cut an inset promo telling us that he is on a mission to redeem himself after failing to win the one of WWE’s special annual tournaments. Didn’t I just finish an entire Mae Young Classic full of people doing this same exact story?
Nigel said something about Huxley “trying to reach a higher plane of existence as an ultrasonic inspector.” Is Nigel McGuinness being possessed by Matt Striker?
Huxley worked over Seven’s head but Seven made a comeback and won via Burning Hammer.

COFFEY BROTHERS VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

THE NAMELESS INTERVIEWER INTERVIEWS “FLASH” MORGAN WEBSTER- Webster’s promo was a fine babyface promo, but the way he dresses just makes me want to see him get punched in the face a lot.

“FLASH” MORGAN WEBSTER vs. MARK COFFEY (w/Joe Coffey)- 6/10
Webster overcame Joe’s involvement to pick up the win. The Coffeys attacked him after the match, but Mark Andrews and Travis Banks (both of whom the Coffeys attacked at NXT UK Championship) came out to make the save.

DANNY BURCH VIDEO PACKAGE- good

SAM GRADWELL VIDEO PACKAGE- He’s yet another guy who is here to redeem is tournament loss.

JINNY VIDEO PACKAGE- great!
And the fact that it was different than all the others was a very welcome change.

DANNY BURCH vs. SAM GRADWELL- 6.75/10
These two had a hell of a slugfest. The fans gave Gradwell an extremely well-deserved “YOU LOOK STUPID!” chant.

DANNY BURCH PROMO- He cut a great, patriotic babyface promo, but then it started to drag on a little too long, though he definitely saved it with his big challenge to Pete Dunne.

ZACK GIBSON vs. NOAM DAR- 8.5/10
They did some stupid comedy about taking shoes off. It’s stiff like this that makes me think that the babyface is an idiot and makes me begin to sympathize with the heel because this little idiot is trying to make a joke while the heel is the one trying to wrestle and do his job correctly, like an adult.
The stories of the match were Dar working the knee and Gibson working the leg. The match was awesome and Gibson won, but that’s really all there is to say about it.

This was a pretty great episode of NXT UK, but that’s really all there is to say about this, too. It’s just some wrestling on the WWE Network, and that’s really it. It’s good, but if it was cancelled tomorrow, I don’t think I’d be disappointed at all.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3