BRM Reviews the 7/11/2018 NXT (UNDISPUTED ERA VS. MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/11/2018 NXT (UNDISPUTED ERA VS. MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '18, 22:16

ADAM COLE vs. DANNY BURCH- 6.75/10
Is it just me or is the Danny Burch theme similar to the opening theme used for Camp WWE? Burch was a good babyface. Cole worked the head/neck and got the win.

CANDICE & BAZLER PULL-APART- good

CATHY KELLEY INTERVIEWS DAKOTA KAI- She thinks she’s going to get another shot at the title. LOL. Then Lacey Evans showed up dressed like a total cartoon, but she spoke nothing but the truth when she buried Dakota. Dakota then challenged Lacey to a match next week by threatening to “kick the class off your face.” Who comes up with this sh*t? Even when her opponent isn’t Shayna Baszler, Dakota still looks like she’s terrified of actually having to fight.

KAIRI SANE vs. VANESSA BOURNE- 6.5/10
Sane worked the ankle and won with the Anchor. Bourne worked the back. She has reached the level of NXT-TV readiness.

KAIRI SANE PROMO- She notes that she has beaten Baszler before and says she wants a title shot and vows to beat Baszler again.

We’re getting a #1 contendership match next week between Kairi, Candice, Nikki Cross, and Bianca Belair.

ALEISTER BLACK & JOHNNY GARGANO BACKSTAGE- good segment. Johnny was insistent that Ciampa can’t be allowed to win… so, unfortunately, I think he’s going to wind up inadvertently helping Ciampa win.

CIAMPA ATTACKS ALEISTER BLACK- good. That draping DDT on the floor looked quite great. I am also continuously astounded by how loose poles there are just standing around in corners at WWE buildings. After the commercial, we were told that Black had been taken to a local medical facility for evaluation.

NXT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Moustache Mountain(c) vs. Undisputed Era (Kyle O’Reilly & Roderick Strong)- 9/10
Holy sh*t this match! I’m surprised Kyle O’Reilly didn’t take Trent Seven’s leg home with him. Tyler Bate did an excellent job of showing how conflicted he was before throwing in the towel.

An AWESOME episode of NXT, full of good little angles, solid undercard matches, and an outstanding main event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3