BRM Reviews the 7/3/2018 205 Live (ALI VS. MUPRHY 10/10!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/3/2018 205 Live (ALI VS. MUPRHY 10/10!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '18, 02:58

DRAKE MAVERICK’S OPENING RUNDOWN- next week we’re getting Cedric vs. Itami for the title. This week we’re getting Murphy vs. Ali No DQs and TJP vs. a mystery opponent of Drake Maverick’s choosing… which is kind of an odd way to put it because aren’t all of everyone’s opponents people who the GM has chosen?

TJP PROMO- great
He apparently had the same thought as me about the “of Drake Maverick’s choosing” thing. He then cut an excellent heel promo burying Omaha and expressing his frustration that he was neither in the main event nor getting a title shot.

TJP vs. NOAM DAR- no rating, interesting segment
Dar caught TJP with a quick running knee to the face and pinned him. It’s a good win in his return for Dar, and TJP’s reaction to this loss should be very interesting.

BUDDY MURPHY PROMO- good, except for the fact that he camera was crooked. That drove me nuts.

TJP DOES THE WALK OF SHAME- good
He ignored a request for an interview, kicked a door, and walked right out of the building.

AKIRA TOZAWA vs. A JOBBER- no rating, good segment
The important part here was that Lio Rush came out to watch the match, then cut an awesome heel promo after the match.

MUSTAFA ALI PROMO- decent

CEDRIC ALEXANDER PROMO- good build for his title defense against Hideo Itami next week

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS MATCH: Mustafa Ali vs. Buddy Murphy- a PERFECT 10/10
An extremely creative, extremely exciting match that still managed to keep the “this is a fight” feel going despite them doing a bunch of high-flying moves. The story of Ali’s back getting worked over was great, and then transitioned into more of a generic “why won’t this f*cker stay down?!” story that made this memorable. Both of these guys are going to be extremely sore after this one, so I hope they find consolation in knowing that it was OUTSTANDING!

An AWESOME episode of 205 Live, with two nice little angles and some strong promos followed by a PERFECT main event blow-off.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 7/3/2018 205 Live (ALI VS. MUPRHY 10/10!)

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 5th, '18, 10:18

Murphy? "Nothing he's ever done has ever impressed me at all in my life. 4/10."
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 7/3/2018 205 Live (ALI VS. MUPRHY 10/10!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '18, 10:44

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 5th, '18, 10:18 Murphy? "Nothing he's ever done has ever impressed me at all in my life. 4/10."
The dude has almost no personality and yet he's boning Alexa Bliss!, so if he can do that, is it really out of the realm of possibility that he could succeed at his actual job?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3