BRM Reviews the 6/27/2018 NXT (awesome)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/27/2018 NXT (awesome)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 29th, '18, 08:56

OPENING SEGMENT- decent
Aleister Black cuts a promo putting Lars Sullivan over. The announcers would later reveal to us that Black broke Sullivan’s jaw a third of the way into the match but he still kept taking kicks to the face! Tommaso Ciampa shows up and says she wants a title shot.

VANESSA BOURNE PRESS CONFERENCE- “Can anyone tell you me why Kairi dresses like a pirate? No. You can’t. Because it’s stupid.” I might have a new favorite wrestler in NXT. This was a great promo.

KONA REEVES vs. A JOBBER- squash

CANDICE LERAE vs. LACEY EVANS- 5/10
This was an excellent five-minute match. Lacey worked the arm but Candice came back and got the win, and it really did feel like this was a much needed happy moment win for Candice after everything she and Johnny have been through… for about five seconds until we got the…

JOHNNY GARGANO INTERVIEW- AWESOME! He’s not done with Ciampa. Then we saw a text from Regal saying he needs to move on so Regal is booking him against EC III next week.

HEAVY MACHINERY ANGRY SELFIE PROMO AT THEIR BARBECUE- AWESOME!
They’re coming after The Mighty!

CANDICE LERAE INTERVIEW- a good contrast to Gargano. This could get very interesting.

MUSTACHE MOUNTAIN VS. TWO JOBBERS- never got started because Undisputed Era attacked the jobbers, then cut a great heel promo on Moustache Mountain (and the whole UK) saying they wanted rematch right now. They surrounded Moustache Mountain and were going to attack them but Ricochet came out to even things up, resulting in…

UNDISPUTED ERA vs. MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN & RICOCHET- 8/10
Awesome, as you’d expect. I was pretty shocked that they had Cole pin Ricochet rather than the other way around to set up Ricochet as a challenger for Cole’s title, but I really liked the way they booked the finish in such a way to protect Ricochet as much as possible while still having him do a clean job.

An awesome episode of NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3