BRM Reviews the 6/12/2018 205 Live (great)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/12/2018 205 Live (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 14th, '18, 06:40

DRAKE MAVERICK ANNOUNCES THAT HIDEO ITAMI HAS BEEN SUSPENDED- What he actually said was that he “will not be permitted to compete or appear” on this week’s show but that the situation is still being resolved with all involved parties, which I guess gives them an out for why Itami would be in the building if he does decide to screw things up again. I also appreciated Drake Maverick telling us that such action will not be tolerated in the future. After Smackdown, I am so sick and tired of f*ck finishes.

DASHA FUENTES INTERVIEWS KENDRICK, GALLAGHER, & DREW GULAK- good promo by the heels
Gulak called Dasha “sweetheart.” If those two were a kayfabe couple it would probably be the single weirdest possible combination you could make between two “normal” members of the roster.

LUCHA HOUSE PARTY vs. DREW GULAK, JACK GALLAGHER, & BRIAN KENDRICK- 7.5/10
GREAT opener, other than the babyfaces cheating for no reason to win.

HIDEO ITAMI SELFIE PROMO- he says that Murphy and Ali “didn’t deserve” to be in the main event. He also vows that he will be the next Cruiserweight Champion. Doesn’t this violate Drake Maverick’s ban on Itami appearing tonight?

DRAKE MAVERICK & BUDDY MURPHY BACKSTAGE- good
Murphy refuses to wrestle until he gets a match with Itami. Maverick says Mustafa Ali has already said he wants a match with Itami. He also scolds Murphy for trying to give his boss an ultimatum.

MUSTAFA ALI SELFIE PROMO- good babyface stuff

AKIRA TOZAWA vs. STEVE IRBY- meh squash
This “Steve Irby” guy’s gear clearly says “Joey” on it. Can we really not just call him “Joey Irby” instead?

LIO RUSH VIDEO PROMO- F*CKING AWESOME!
F*cking Delirious didn’t ever let this guy speak. What an idiot.

TONY NESE PROMO- fine
The words were good but his delivery was a little wooden.

TJP PROMO- meh

PRE-MAIN EVENT SEGMENT- fine
Tony Nese brought Buddy Murphy out before the match and they both got into the ring and it looked like they were going to attack Ali two on one but Cedric Alexander came out to back Ali up. The way this happened was a little odd, but it was nice to get Cedirc on the show, as he has kind of felt like an absentee champion lately (even though I think his last match was only two weeks ago).

TONY NESE (w/Buddy Murphy) vs. MUSTAFA ALI (w/Cedric Alexander)- 7.5/10
Ali won, then cut a promo saying that he, Itami, and Murphy all want to fight each other and thus Drake Maverick should just book a Triple Threat Match next week. Makes sense to me.

DASHA FUENTES ASKS DRAKE MAVERICK ABOUT ALI’S PROMO- he books the match

Another great episode of 205 Live.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3