BRM Reviews the 6/6/2018 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/6/2018 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 8th, '18, 15:10

OPENING SEGMENT- AWESOME!
Shayna Baszler comes out to start things off. She has her belt back. She starts to cut a great promo before she is interrupted by Nikki Cross (don’t mention Nikki Cross in your promo or else she’ll come out and be crazy). Baszler kept talking tough but you could tell she was at least a little bit scared, possibly because she had just never had to deal with someone who was immune to her intimidation before. Cross exposed this with a feint lunge that made Baszler back up and drop her title. Nikki laughed at her, at which point Shayna felt that she had to start something, so she started a fight… and lost.

TM61 vs. TWO JOBBERS- squash, but…
I didn’t like this. TM61 are apparently just wrestling like full heels now. I was much preferring the slow-burn of them only cheating when they felt they needed to, rather than just going to it as a first resort for no other reason than for the sake of cheating like a standard heel might.

TM61 PROMO- good

LARS SULLIVAN BEATS UP STUDENTS IN A SANCTIONED EXCERSIZE AT THE PERFORMANCE CENTER- I’m pretty that that was TM61 who walked in the door, then realized there was a pre-tape being shot so they quickly walked back out.

DANNY BURCH vs. RODERICK STRONG- 4/10
This was short but full of action. Burch had things won but Cole & O’Reilly came out to distract him. Dunne & Lorcan came out to fight with them. Cole managed to distract Burch enough for Roddy to get the win. We then got a post-match segment where Dunne finally got his hands on Roddy but got taken out by the numbers game in the end.

KASSIUS OHNO PHOTOSHOOT INTERRUPTED BY EC III- excellent segment. Both men’s characters were on full display here, and here getting a match between them next week.

ALEISTER BLACK PROMO/VIDEO PACKAGE ABOUT HIS TITLE DEFENSE AGAINST LARS SULLIVAN- good

RICOCHET vs. VELVETEEN DREAM VIDEO PACKAGE- awesome

KAIRI SANE vs. LACEY EVANS- 6.75/10
Lacey wrote Kairi’s name on her knocking-out hand. Awesome! Kairi wins this rubber match. I fine the matches between these two to be extremely fun.

TOMMASO CIAMPA PROMO- Great heel promo

CIAMPA-GARGANO BRAWL- AWEOME!
Gargano came out on the ramp with security guards already trying to restrain him, as if he had been fighting them the whole way out, to explain why he hadn’t come out and tried to shut is arch-rival up sooner. They had an excellent, heated brawl.

A very good episode of NXT, with strong build towards Takeover.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3