BRM Reviews the 5/22/2018 205 Live

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 5/22/2018 205 Live

Post by Big Red Machine » May 24th, '18, 20:52

HIDEO ITAMI VIDEO PACKAGE- A good run-down of his history in WWE and how it has led to his current mental state and tonight’s match with former partner Akira Tozawa.

DREW GULAK PROMO- good, but I really hate this “anti-high-flyer” character. There is just something about it that feels both cliché and stupid. It’s like the quintessential gimmick for someone booking a cruiserweight division but not actually caring about it.

DREW GULAK vs. GRAN METALIK (w/Lucha House Party)- 6/10
Good but not much happening. Lots of showy Lucha from Metalik. Kendrick & Gallagher were on commentary to bury Lucha House Party, so I guess that’s their next feud.

BUDDY MURPHY VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

TJP vs. CHRISTOPHER GUY- no rating, meh squash
I’m not sure who this “Christopher Guy” is, but he’s a lot smaller than the last guy to use that name in WWE. In fact, I’m pretty sure this imposter is the dastardly Juan Francisco de Coronado! Why he has chosen to steal Scotty Goldman’s alternate identity I’m not sure, but it will probably pay off in CHIKARA at some point.

Apparently TJP is in an angle where he feels he is underutilized so he wants to go to Smackdown. Aren’t the Cruiserweights Raw wrestlers?

DASHA FUENTES INTERVIEWS TJP- fine.
He wants more of a challenge.

They used fan Tweets to put over the matches that Cedric and Ali had on the European tour.

VIC JOSEPH’S SIT-DOWN INTERVIEW WITH CEDRIC ALEXANDER- decent

DASHA FUENTES INTERVIEWS AKIRA TOZAWA- good

HIDEO ITAMI vs. AKIRA TOZAWA- 8/10

Another great episode of 205 Live.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Re: BRM Reviews the 5/22/2018 205 Live

Post by NWK2000 » May 24th, '18, 22:01

Big Red Machine wrote: May 24th, '18, 20:52 Apparently TJP is in an angle where he feels he is underutilized so he wants to go to Smackdown. Aren’t the Cruiserweights Raw wrestlers?.
I think 205 got made its own brand once Maverick got introduced. Could be completely off base about that though.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 24th, '18, 22:07

NWK2000 wrote: May 24th, '18, 22:01
Big Red Machine wrote: May 24th, '18, 20:52 Apparently TJP is in an angle where he feels he is underutilized so he wants to go to Smackdown. Aren’t the Cruiserweights Raw wrestlers?.
I think 205 got made its own brand once Maverick got introduced. Could be completely off base about that though.
I know they've been on Raw at least once since then.

They should be their own brand, though, doing a Takeover-esque show every other month or so (basically the weeks that NXT isn't doing one). I know the 205 Live-only shows didn't draw well last time they tried it but this is the new 205 Live, and if they want to keep it limited to markets like NYC, Philly, Toronto, and Chicago until they think they're grown enough an NXT-style semi-casual fanbase to run other places then just do that. Heck, they could even use this to run in more technical wrestling-friendly markets that they don't really run too often like Western Canada.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » May 25th, '18, 11:30

Big Red Machine wrote: May 24th, '18, 22:07
NWK2000 wrote: May 24th, '18, 22:01
Big Red Machine wrote: May 24th, '18, 20:52

I know they've been on Raw at least once since then.

They should be their own brand, though, doing a Takeover-esque show every other month or so (basically the weeks that NXT isn't doing one). I know the 205 Live-only shows didn't draw well last time they tried it but this is the new 205 Live, and if they want to keep it limited to markets like NYC, Philly, Toronto, and Chicago until they think they're grown enough an NXT-style semi-casual fanbase to run other places then just do that. Heck, they could even use this to run in more technical wrestling-friendly markets that they don't really run too often like Western Canada.
Even that one Raw appearance I'm pretty sure was just to build hype to Crusierweight tourney. I know they haven't been on Raw since Mania, so it's safe to say they're making it its own brand
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 25th, '18, 11:56

NWK2000 wrote: May 25th, '18, 11:30

Even that one Raw appearance I'm pretty sure was just to build hype to Crusierweight tourney. I know they haven't been on Raw since Mania, so it's safe to say they're making it its own brand
They were originally announced as being on Raw. As far as I'm concerned it is never safe to assume that this is no longer the case until we get an announcement that tells us so.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation