BRM Reviews the 5/15/2018 205 Live

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 5/15/2018 205 Live

Post by Big Red Machine » May 18th, '18, 00:56

TYLER BATE SELFIE PROMO- meh

KENNY WILLIAMS SELFIE PROMO- meh

KENNY WILLIAMS vs. TYLER BATE vs. TJP vs. KALISTO- 7.75/10
A strong opener in which Bate got his revenge on TJP for cheating to beat him in the Cruiserweight Title tournament this winter.

BUDDY MURPHY VIDEO PACKAGE- good
He’s getting his title shot in two weeks. They made a point of mentioning that it would take place in Cruiserweight Champion Cedric Alexander’s home state of North Carolina.

MUSTAFA ALI, CEDRIC ALEXANDER, & “FLASH” MORGAN WEBSTER BACKSTAGE- I’m assuming that the idea here was to make Flash look like a giant tool. I don’t see how anyone could have seen this and thought anything else.

DASHA FUENTES INTERVIEWS THE MAIN EVENT HEEL TEAM- decent. Gulak was much better than the other two.

CEDRIC ALEXANDER, MUSTAFA ALI, & FLASH MORGAN WEBSTER vs. DREW GULAK, JAMES DRAKE, & JOSEPH CONNERS- 7.5/10
A fine six-man tag, but totally random.

A pretty darn good show from 205 Live in the ring, but it felt totally random due to the UK Division Involvement being pushed as “UK Division” rather than them being treated as Cruiserweights who happen to be from the UK. If I were booking this, I would have switched Webster and Gulak around so that the match was Cruiserweight Division vs. 205 Live and we would have the tension of Gulak and Ali having to get along. This show is entirely skippable if you don’t have the time.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3