BRM Reviews the 4/11/2018 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/11/2018 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 12th, '18, 00:15

KAIRI SANE vs. LACEY EVANS- 6/10
A very good showing from Evans. She has also started to figure out how to be her character during the match.

CATHY KELLEY INTERVIEWS THE UNDISPUTED ERA- they don’t answer her question of why Roddy turned on Dunne. Mauro tried to spin this as them f*cking with the fans by making them wait to find out.

AUTHORS PAIN INTERVIEW & SEGMENT WITH PAUL ELLERING- Good
This was shot after Raw. They cut a promo talking about destroying the first Smackdown Tag Team Champions. The interviewer (Mike Rome, who I don’t think I’ve seen in forever) asked them why they left Ellering at ringside. They said that it isn’t about Ellering anymore; it’s about them. Ellering himself then showed up and demanded to know why they abandoned him when he was the one who has come up with the strategies for all of their successes. They told him that his “chapter ended” with NXT, and it was about them now.

JOHNNY GARGANO RETURNS NEXT WEEK- cool

POST-TAKEOVER SHAYNA BASZLER PROMO- excellent!

MIKE ROME INTERVIEWS EMBER MOON & NIA JAX AFTER RAW- Ember put over the rest of the division and expressed her confidence that they can stand up to Shayna Baszler.

TINO SABBATELLI & RIDDICK MOSS vs. HEAVY MACHINERY- 4.25/10
They were having an okay match that ended when they were all assaulted by The War Raiders, who are War Machine but with a name that, while lamer, avoids all trademarking issues with Marvel Comics.

A decent show by post-Takeover show standards.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 4/11/2018 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 14th, '18, 16:28

Ranallo is get worse and worse to deal with. I think Bob-O is the one that mentioned something about him before, but he's gone from a breath of fresh air and one of the only competent normal, average announcers that weren't horrible in some way or another and ridiculous...to just way too much. Some of the shot he says is absolutely just way too out there and ridiculous, plus he's always shouting.

He's just entirely too much of a chore to listen to and way on the other side of enjoyable.

Alright come on. Let's hear it. I'm sure at least one of you will disagree and praise the guy highly, but I just can't stand him anymore and I think this will spark a great debate and discussion.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 4/11/2018 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 14th, '18, 19:09

He definitely feels over the top sometimes, but he feels different enough and natural enough that I'd rather have him than anyone else out there other than Lenny Leonard or Jeremy Graves.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3