BRM Reviews the 4/10/2018 205 Live (AWESOME!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/10/2018 205 Live (AWESOME!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 11th, '18, 23:26

NIGEL ISN’T HERE- we’re getting Percy Watson instead. Uch.

LUCHA HOUSE PARTY PHONE PROMO- uch.
This “Lucha House Party” idea has got to go. Just let them be cool Lucha dudes, or “the new and improved Lucha Dragons.” Or “Lucha Cerberus” or something like that.
Kalisto also mentioned something about a Tornado Tag Team Match next week. I think a cool way to do something a little different with the Cruiserweight Division would be give them tag titles that are contested under Tornado Tag rules.

TOZAWA PHONE PROMO- meh.

AKIRA TOZAWA vs. KALISTO- 8/10
Awesome.

TONY NESE & MARK ANDREWS BACKSTAGE- Nese did all of the talking, and what he was given to say was very heavy-handed. He wants revenge no Gulak, so he wants to see Andrews beat him.

DREW GULAK PROMO- he somehow managed to be goofy and yet still come off as extremely dangerous.

DREW GULAK vs. MARK ANDREWS- 8/10
Another awesome match. Too bad the assholes in the crowd weren’t paying attention.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- very good
Gulak puts Andrews back in the Gu-Lock but Tony Nese comes out and makes the save.

DRAKE MAVERICK, JACK GALLAGHER, & BRIAN KENDRICK BACKSTAGE- Good
The heels claim they’re over their rivalry with Hideo Itami. I don’t believe them for a second.

A commercial on the WWE Network for the Greatest Royal Rumble advertised a Ladder Match for the IC Title between Rollins, Miz, and Joe.

CEDRIC ALEXANDER’S CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATION- very good segment
Cedric gave a nice speech. Mustafa Ali interrupted him, but only to put him over. And then, of course, he said he was going to win the belt from Cedric. Then Buddy Murphy’s music played, but he came out from the crown and hit Cedric with what I assume is his finisher. Drake Maverick scolded him but Murphy just ignored him.

Yet another AWESOME episode of 205 Live.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3