BRM Reviews the 2/20/2018 205 Live (Gallagher vs. Ali!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/20/2018 205 Live (Gallagher vs. Ali!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 22nd, '18, 19:23

ARIYA DAIVARI PHONE PROMO- he wants to win the title at WrestleMania.

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: Ariya Daivari vs. Buddy Murphy- 4.75/10
The fans are actually chanting for Buddy Murphy. This does not compute. He got beaten up for most of the match, with Daivari working over his back. He then made a very short comeback and won.

DRAKE MAVERICK ANNOUNCES THE BRACKETS AND MATCHES FOR UPCOMING WEEKS- wow. It’s like the people booking this has actually figured it all out in advance. What a novel concept.
Then TJP and Cedric showed up to each cut a one-line promo on each other. This was like a super-abbreviated contract signing but without the contract signing. It was very weird.

EVAN DANIELS & CORAZON NEGATO vs. GRAN METALIK & LINCE DORADO (w/Kalisto)- squash
Apparently the Lucha guys are a faction now.

DREW GULAK PHONE PROMO- a good promo to hype up his tournament match next week that would have been a lot better if it wasn’t shot on his f*cking phone.

MARK ANDREWS PHONE PROMO- see above

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: Jack Gallagher vs. Mustafa Ali- 8.75/10
Ali is an excellent babyface and his selling here was exemplary. Jack Gallagher, for his part, succeeded in delivering his new (and vicious) attitude, as advertised. Excellent match!

Another great show form 205 Live! Long live the King of Kings!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/20/2018 205 Live (Gallagher vs. Ali!)

Post by cero2k » Feb 22nd, '18, 22:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 22nd, '18, 19:23
i really want to see what this show looks like when it's not a tournament. It's really easy to make a tournament look good, I wanna see the direction once they have to start doing FAUUX and Nia Jax storylines again.

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/20/2018 205 Live (Gallagher vs. Ali!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 22nd, '18, 22:43

cero2k wrote: Feb 22nd, '18, 22:19
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 22nd, '18, 19:23
i really want to see what this show looks like when it's not a tournament. It's really easy to make a tournament look good, I wanna see the direction once they have to start doing FAUUX and Nia Jax storylines again.
I kind of had the same thought during the Lucha-buddies match, but the fact that they did that match does seem like they know they have think ahead and are laying the groundwork to set something up.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3