BRM Reviews the 2/6/2018 205 Live

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/6/2018 205 Live

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 7th, '18, 09:49

KALISTO PHONE PROMO- would have been so much better if it was shot professionally at the arena and not once dude shooting a promotion on his phone in his car.

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: Lincé Dorado vs. Kalisto- 6/10
For once I actually like the mirror image stuff they did in the beginning, but this quickly devolved into them taking turns doing spots, albeit with one excellent false finish in there. That poisonrana at the end wound up looking quite goofy.

RODERICK STRONG VIDEO PACKAGE- a condensed version of the two-partner from NXT last summer.

CEDRIC ALEXANDER PHONE PROMO- Mustafa Ali showed up to good around with him, but I’ll give them a pass because I assume they are going to face off in the second round.

TJP PROMO- excellent. He justifies his cheating and buries the fans for turning on him, saying that this time he’s doing it for himself. I know this feels standard, but you really should check this out.

MARK ANDREWS VIDEO PACKAGE- recycled, I’m sure. It was very meh. He’s facing Tozawa next week.

TOZAWA PHONE PROMO- eh was a jerk to a guy backstage again. This is the worst possible thing they could be doing with him.

DRAKE MAVERICK, TONY NESE, & DREW GULAK BACKSTAGE- He channeled me and all of my frustrations with the way these guys are booked. He tells them they are facing off next week. Unlike every other time that WWE or TNA or whoever tells me something is a new era, this one actually feels like one.

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: Roderick Strong vs. Hideo Itami- 8/10
Itami cut an inset promo that would have been a million times better without those goofy words popping up on the screen. The match was awesome, but I’ve seen them have a lot better.

Another great show from 205 Live.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/6/2018 205 Live

Post by cero2k » Feb 7th, '18, 13:32

news is that Hunter has taken over 205Live

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/6/2018 205 Live

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 7th, '18, 14:14

cero2k wrote: Feb 7th, '18, 13:32 news is that Hunter has taken over 205Live
I was honestly wondering if they had given it to Bryan as a toy to play with to convince him to stick around, but Hunter would make sense, too.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3