BRM Reviews the 12/27/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/27/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 28th, '17, 01:48

STREET PROFITS vs. TWO JOBBERS- squash
The Street Profits beat these rather large jobbers. They went into the crowd after the match and cut a promo on the other tag teams in NXT and saying they would go for the tag titles in 2018.

NXT WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Ember Moon(c) vs. Sonya Deville- 6/10
The match was fine, I guess. Deville worked over Ember’s mid-section. They seem to want to get “the War Goddess” over as a nickname for Ember Moon. If you wanted to call her that, maybe you should have just left her name as Athena.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Kairi Sane came out on the stage and looked at Ember through her telescope. Look. I’m sorry. I just cannot take Kairi Sane seriously outside of the context of a match, and it’s all because of this dumb pirate gimmick.

So as you can imagine, I marked out really f*cking hard when Shayna Baszler came up behind her and nearly choked her to death.

PAUL ELLERING PROMO- he said nothing of substance, but it all sounded cool.

CHRISTIE ST. CLOUD INTERVIEWS EMBER MOON ABOUT THE POST-MATCH SEGMENT- she says she’s happy to defend her title against anyone who earns a shot.

#1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: Lars Sullivan vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Killian Dain vs. Aleister Black- 8.5/10
An action-packed match that felt a lot more epic than the finals of such a small tournament normally would. That table spot looking f*cking BRUTAL and was a great way to keep the rather green and limited Sullivan out of the match for a while. Black hit Sullivan with Black Mass and seemed to have him beat but Undisputed Era pulled him off. More great action happened until eventually Gargano won the match, and did so by beating the first man in NXT to pin Aleister Black to boot.

An awesome episode of NXT to close out the year on.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3