BRM Reviews the 11/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 11/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 2nd, '17, 12:40

They showed us Tweets from McIntyre and Regal, including one where Regal booked Drew vs. Almas for the title at Takeover.

TAYNARA CONTI vs. NIKKI CROSS- 2.5/10
They’ve got the NXT Women’s Title sitting on a little table on the stage, which is the exact same gimmick they did during the Mae Young Classic, which was only a month ago.
Does anyone else think Conti looks really nervous when she comes down to the ring? I’m going to give her a pass because I think it works with the subtle idea that she didn’t know what she was getting into when the Undisputed Era convinced her to attack Cross, starting this feud off. Her nerves certainly proved justified here, as this match- just like Nikki Cross- was short but extremely aggressive. Conti got some shots in, but Cross had her on the defensive for most of it and got the win.

MERCEDES MARTINEZ INTERVIEW- not very good. She’s just not a good promo. She said that she was sad she didn’t win, but was certain that Ember Moon won’t win the title because she never wins big matches.

FABIAN AICHNER vs. JOHNNY GARGANO- 6.75/10
Big win for Aichner. Gargano begins to fall down once again.

ALEISTER BLACK ACCEPTS VELVETEEN DREAM’S CHALLENGE FOR TAKEOVER- good video

MOSS & SABBATELLI WANT THE STREET PROPHETS TO GET AWAY FROM THEIR FANCY CAR- in their defense, the Street Prophets were, like, rubbing it and stuff, so I think we can chalk this up to them being uncomfortable with this abnormal behavior towards their vehicle, rather than the unfortunate racial overtones.

NXT TITLE CONTRACT SIGNING- great angle!
Almas jumped Drew on the ramp, signs the contract right there, then uses Zelena Vega’s gum to stick the contract to Drew. Simple and effective.

BILLIE & PEYTON PROMO- They were making fun of Kairi Sane who then walked by and scared them with her elbow. Also, Kairi is apparently wrestling Billie Kay next week.

NXT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: SAnitY(c) vs. The Authors of Pain- 6/10
The match was a good little fight. AoP were about to win but the Undisputed Era ran in and attacked everyone. Killian Dain came out to help SAnitY but after some brief offense he got overwhelmed by the numbers game. Then Roderick Strong came out and pretended that he was going to join Undisputed Era but then he attacked them, helping save one of the Authors who Undisputed Era wanted him to hit. Roddy and the AoP sent the Undisputed Era running. A very angry William Regal then came out and announced that the only way to “contain this chaos” is with a three-way WAR GAMES match! This got a huge pop, and I’m not going to lie… when I first heard about this, my immediate reaction was that I wanted to find Hunter and give him a big hug. This will be AWESOME!

A good show from NXT, with some good angles to build towards Takeover, and some important little segments to help flesh out other stories.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/2017 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 2nd, '17, 12:47

The typos are horrible here!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 2nd, '17, 13:51

I Saw something though the night it happened about Taynara Conti confronting TUE about "holding up their end of the deal."....

Which was?...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 2nd, '17, 14:00

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 2nd, '17, 13:51 I Saw something though the night it happened about Taynara Conti confronting TUE about "holding up their end of the deal."....

Which was?...
nothing, Cole and co. just blew her off