BRM Reviews the 10/11/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/11/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 16th, '17, 08:44

NXT WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH QUALIFIER: Liv Morgan vs. Nikki Cross vs. Payton Royce (w/Billie Kay)- 6/10
Nikki has her own jazzed-up version of the SAnitY theme which also has her own mad laughing in the beginning. The match was a standard three-way until the Undisputed Era came out with Taynara Conti, giving her a pep-talk to get her to charge down to the ring and try to screw over Nikki Cross, which she did by first breaking up a pin and then distracting her. I don’t know whether this means that Conti is now part of their group or whether they are just duping her into attacking Cross for them as a way to get back at SAnitY, but my instincts lean towards the latter.

LIO RUSH vs. THE VELVETEEN DREAM- 5/10
They gave Lio a lot of offense, but once he got cut off it felt like he got pinned almost immediately, which made him look very bad, IMO. If I were booking this I would have had Dream win with some sort of heel finish to protect Lio a bit and to emphasize a believable way for him to both have a shot of beating Aleister Black and get Black to say his name (likely in a fit of rage).

LARS SULLIVAN vs. DANNY BURCH- 2/10
Pretty much a squash.

THE STREET PROPHETS vs. MARCOS ESPADA & DAMIEN SMITH- squash.
I love the Street Prophets (by which I mean I love Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins serves as a competent body to be his tag team partner). They celebrated in the crowd after their victory.

We’re getting SAnitY vs. Undisputed Era next week! Also, there is another women’s title qualifier featuring Ruby Riot, Ember Moon, and Sonya Deville.

JOHNNY GARGANO vs. ANDRADE “CIEN” ALMAS (w/Zelena Vega)- 8/10
Wait… I thought this match was happening at Takeover. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to watch this awesome match now instead of in a few weeks. The story here was that both men had each other’s moves scouted, but that was a really just a backdrop for the spot where Vega tried to distract Johnny by wearing a DIY shirt. It caused enough of a distraction that Almas was able to escape the Garga-No Escape, but Johnny seemed to recover quickly afterwards, leaving open the possibility that maybe he will finally be over Ciampa turning on him. Almas and Vega needed to engage in further heel tactics to pick up the win.

A very fun show from NXT with an awesome main event. Go watch it!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/11/2017 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 16th, '17, 14:22

Protect that no selling idiot Rush? Lol yeah ok.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/11/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 16th, '17, 14:59

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 16th, '17, 14:22 Protect that no selling idiot Rush? Lol yeah ok.
He's actually a pretty great wrestler, and in a promotion like WWE where he won't be allowed to no-sell things, I think he can be an integral part of their the tag team or Cruiserweight divisions.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3