BRM Reviews the 9/27/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/27/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 28th, '17, 18:16

REGAL MAKES ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE NXT WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP- We’re getting a four-way at the next Takeover show. One of the competitors will be Kairi Sane on account of her victory in the Mae Young Classic. The other three will be determined in matches starting in two weeks. Excellent idea.

SAnitY PROMO- good
The fans are chanting for them. It’s weird. EY did all of the talking. It was weird and didn’t seem to make much sense, but it worked, and doesn’t need to make too much sense because SAnitY is crazy. He called out Adam Cole. The things that really stood out to me was that EY appears to have aged about twenty years since we saw him last.

ONEY LORCAN PROMO- a meh babyface promo, but it did something to give this match a bit of background, so it definitely counts as a net positive for the show.

ONEY LORCAN vs. LARS SULLIVAN- 4.5/10
This was short, but AWESOME for the time it got! Fast-paced and hard-hitting and Sullivan is getting over as a Goldbergian badass.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good.
Sullivan went back to beat Lorcan up some more but Danny Burch came out to pull him to safety. Props to the announcers for reminding us that Lorcan and Burch are rivals. This both sets Burch up as Sullivan’s next opponent and, when combined with Lorcan’s pre-match promo and the fact these two are rivals helps to establish the idea that everyone in the locker room agrees that it’s not cool the way Lars turns on his partners.

KAYLA INTERVIEWS RUBY RIOT- she insists she has no idea why Nikki Cross helped her against Billie and Peyton.

HEAVY MACHINERY vs. DEMETRIUS BRONSON & PATRICK SCOTT- squash
Mauro tells us that Patrick Scott was trained by Steve Corino, which might well be the first time I’ve ever heard someone even mention Corino on WWE TV.

REGAL & JOHNNY GARGANO AT A PRESS CONFERENCE- they announced that Gargano will face Almas at the next show. They also teased that Regal would have some sort of special announcement about the show.

CHRISTY ST. CLOUD INTERVIEWS RODDY- good build for his title shot next week.

VANESSA BORNE vs. LIV MORGAN- 0.75/10
I think this is the first time we’ve seen Liv Morgan in well over a year. She got to cut an in-set promo. It was not good. Neither was the match. It took them FOREVER to get to the next thing, to the point that it felt like padding.

SOMEONE INTERRUPTS ALEISTER BLACK’S WORKOUT TO GET HIS THOUGHTS ON THE VELVETEEN DREAM- his promo was good, but he just feels like a completely different character now.

KASSIUS OHNO vs. FABIAN AICHNER- 6.5/10
Aichner is no longer a Cruiserweight, but he and Ohno wrestled like they both were.

DREW PROMO- good build for the Roddy match.

KAIRI SANE VIDEO PACKAGE- good.

ADAM COLE PROMO- good

ADAM COLE (w/Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) vs. ERIC YOUNG (w/SAnitY)- 5.75/10
The match was good for what it was. The finish of EY decided to dive onto the pile instead of following up on Cole made him look like an idiot to me, but he’s crazy, so that’s okay, I guess. I was never going to think he was smart in the first place. To be honest, though, I’d have rather just seen Cole get the clean win.

A decent episode of NXT. The next few weeks of shows seem like they’ll be pretty big.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 9/27/2017 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 5th, '17, 07:19

These women's match are atrociously short as of late. It's just like, kick, spot, end up on the outside, shouting at one another, finish lol.

They do literally as little as they're able to just to get whatever point across. What was it this week? Natalya submits Charlotte with literally no fight from her lol. If she's gonna tap immediately in the sharpshooter without even trying to escape or go for the ropes why should anyone wanna see the match on ppv? Lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 5th, '17, 09:06

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 5th, '17, 07:19
They do literally as little as they're able to just to get whatever point across. What was it this week? Natalya submits Charlotte with literally no fight from her lol. If she's gonna tap immediately in the sharpshooter without even trying to escape or go for the ropes why should anyone wanna see the match on ppv? Lol.
not to mention, the babyface tapped clean, why would i even believe she has a chance at winning

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 5th, '17, 11:53

cero2k wrote: Oct 5th, '17, 09:06
KILLdozer wrote: Oct 5th, '17, 07:19
not to mention, the babyface tapped clean, why would i even believe she has a chance at winning
Pretty much exactly what I was getting at lol. Natalya just taps Charlotte immediately, right in the face of Carmela I suppose. Defeating her ppv opponent just like that lol.

So it's more about Natalya and Carmella.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 5th, '17, 13:21

How'd we get into the wrong show topic lol?