BRM Reviews the 9/13/2017 NXT (great!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/13/2017 NXT (great!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 15th, '17, 02:19

PEYTON ROYCE & BILLIE KAY vs. RUBY RIOT & NO ONE?- 3.75/10
Nikki Cross showed up to watch for a bit, then jumped onto the apron to be Ruby’s partner. She beat up the heels for a while, tagged out, and then left, looking extremely pleased with herself. Ruby then hit her big diving senton for win. The match did what it was supposed to do. I’m sure Cross’ motives will be revealed in time, but it’s also possible that she’s just totally nutters.

TWO GUYS I DOND’T RECOGNIZE WERE DICKS TO JOHNNY GARGANO- they’re the guys who DIY were facing when Ciampa had his initial injury. Gargano will wrestling one of them next.

AN INTERVIEWER INTERVIEWS NO WAY JOSE- good promo Jose on Lars Sullivan. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. No Way Jose is a perfect undercard babyface.

JOHNNY GARGANO vs. RIDDICK MOSS (w/Tino Sabbatelli)- 6/10
Good storytelling. Gargano carries Moss to what I’m certain is the best match he’s ever had.

THE STREET PROFITS vs. THE EALY BROTHERS- no rating, very fun semi-squash.
It took years, but Angelo Dawkins has grown a personality.

REGAL TELLS US HE’LL LET US KNOW HOW THE NEXT NXT WOMEN’S CHAMPION WILL BE CROWNED WHEN HE FIGURES IT OUT- sure.

Next week… ALEISTER BLACK SPEAKS!

WOLFGANG PROMO- meh.

PETE DUNNE PROMO- he snubs the interviewer.

WWE UK TITLE MATCH: Pete Dunne(c) vs. Wolfgang- 8/10
Okay. I get how this division works. They show up, have an awesome title match, then disappear for two months.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good stuff out of Dunne, but it felt more like the post-match attack by FutureDRagon was an excuse to set that stuff up than anything natural because the UK Division has felt detached from everything else.

A great show from NXT!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 9/13/2017 NXT (great!)

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 16th, '17, 07:35

The street prophets v new day to see who's more ridiculous and annoying lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Sep 16th, '17, 09:28

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 15th, '17, 02:19

WWE UK TITLE MATCH: Pete Dunne(c) vs. Wolfgang- 8/10
Okay. I get how this division works. They show up, have an awesome title match, then disappear for two months.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good stuff out of Dunne, but it felt more like the post-match attack by FutureDRagon was an excuse to set that stuff up than anything natural because the UK Division has felt detached from everything else.
A real failing in this Division is that you don't really know how the contenders are decided either... like, what did Wolfgang actually do to earn this shot? Like, Pete Dunne had a few good matches and a few wins building up to his title match, but what did Wolfgang do?

I'd like to see WWE put on a monthly UK show, even if it's just an hour. It would be consistently well attended and it would give a base for some good character building stuff... because WWE always paints Dunne out to be a bully heel and the enemy of Bate & Severn, but then in other companies they're competing in a trio as the "Kings of the King of Kings" (Say that when you've had alcohol.. and don't anacronyse it.)
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 16th, '17, 13:45

Wolfgang and Dunne teamed together...so he said "after this though I get the next shot" lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.