BRM Reviews the 7/26/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/26/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 28th, '17, 12:41

EMBER MOON vs. LEI’D TAPA- no rating, decent squash.
Lei’D Tapa? There’s someone I never thought I’d have to watch again. Thankfully the match was kept quick. Tapa got one of two moves in right away to emphasize her size and power advantage, then Ember came back quickly put her away, looking impressive for defeating a much larger opponent with such little difficulty.

EMBER MOON PROMO- she wants to challenge Asuka at Takeover: Brooklyn III. She said some more stuff, too, but this was the main point. Her promo was meh.

ALEISTER BLACK VIDEO PACKAGE- GREAT!

TIMOTHY BUMPERS & DAVID RAMOS vs. THE AUTHORS OF PAIN (w/Paul Ellering)- no rating, decent segment.
The jobbers started off already in the ring. As the Authors were making their entrance, Nikki Cross suddenly jumped out and stood in their way. Then Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dain came out of the crowd and attacked the jobbers from behind. SAnitY brawled with the Authors, with the Authors seeming to get the best of things. I thought the set-up to this was really good, but having the Authors gets the best of this seemed really counter-productive to me.

STREET PROPHETS VIDEO- fine.

NO WAY JOSE & SELENA VEGA INCIDENT FROM EARLIER TODAY- really? This counts as an “incident?”
Selena Vega is Thea Trinidad’s ne name. She saw No Way Jose in the parking lot and tried to warn him to stay out of her and Almas’ business in a very diplomatic way.

THE VELVETEEN DREAM vs. CEZAR BONONI- 0.5/10
Short.

VELTVETEEN DREAM DECLINES AN INTERVIEW BECAUSE THE FANS ARE UGLY- snore.
Also, this announcer is an idiot. Her question was “what are your goals here in NXT?” Um… to win wrestling matches and championships? DUH!

WILLIAM REGAL MAKES EMBER VS. ASUKA OFFICIAL- yay!

DREW MCINTYRE PROMO- awesome babyface stuff.
Imagine Drew when he first showed up in TNA, except the thing he is saying don’t sound like they were designed to be an extremely thinly veiled criticism of a former employer, and with a mea culpa to add some real character to the things he says.

ANOTHER ALEISTER BLACK VIDEO PACKAGE- now this is just filler.

RAUL MENDOZA PROMO- good
He said that maybe next week his match with Johnny Gargano won’t be about Johnny Gargano’s return, but rather about Raul Mendoza.

HIDEO ITAMI vs. KASSIUS OHNO- 7.5/10
They had a great strong-style match. Itami took most of the match, but Ohno made a big comeback… and then Itami kicked him right in the groin for the DQ (Mauro referred to it as “the peninsula south of the Equator”). Itami beat Ohno up after the match, including several GTSs, one of which also had Ohno land on the ring steps. GREAT angle.

A fun little episode of NXT, with a great match and a great angle in the main event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 7/26/2017 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 28th, '17, 14:36

Man that Ranallo was making hip/hop rap references! Like "Like Remy Ma did Nikki Minaj!" I forget the song he was referring to, but about g as can be!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.