BRM Reviews the 6/14/2017 NXT (bad)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/14/2017 NXT (bad)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 15th, '17, 00:24

DREW MCINTYRE vs. ROB RYZIN- bad segment.
This was just a squash that went on for WAY too long.

ALEISTER BLACK VIDEO PACKAGE- filler.

THE AUTHORS OF PAIN vs. TWO JOBBERS- no rating, decent segment.
Akum wrestled the match all on his own while Razar and Ellering just chatted on the outside. Points for creativity.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Ellering cuts a great promo on how dominant the Authors have been and burying Heavy Machinery (my favorite line was him saying that they are “as foolish as they are large”). Heavy Machinery came out to confront these insults and, after a stare-down, Ellering and the Authors of Pain retreated.

SONYA DEVILLE VIDEO PACKAGE- good.

VELVETEEN DREAM vs. RAUL MENDOZA- DUD!
Too many squashes already.

KAYLA BRAXTON INTERVIEWS KASSIUS OHNO ABOUT HIDEO ITAMI- good stuff.

TRIPLE THREAT ELIMINATION MATCH FOR THE NXT WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP: Asuka(c) vs. Ruby Riot vs. Nikki Cross- 6.25/10
Things were fine for the first part of this. Then, once Ruby got eliminated, Asuka and Nikki stated to brawl away, and despite Tom Phillips having informed us that we were still under Triple Threat Rules, the referee decided to call the match a no-contest just because they brawled into the back. The crowd didn’t like this, and it felt very anti-climactic to me as well.

POST-MATCH BRAWL- I’m sure I’ll be the only one, but I didn’t like this very much. It went on for WAY too long, and referees just following them around and waving at them to stop looked completely stupid. If you have a company policy against man-on-woman violence that will prevent male referees and/or security guard from breaking up fights between your female wrestlers then maybe you should hire some female security guards?

A bad show from NXT. It was a bunch of squashes and recaps, then a much-hyped main event match with a disappointing non-finish.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/14/2017 NXT (bad)

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 17th, '17, 12:27

So apparently Asuka and Nikki Cross will be having a Last Man Standing at some point.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.