NXT.5/3

KILLdozer

NXT.5/3

Post by KILLdozer » May 4th, '17, 11:39

Maybe this could become a weekly group of thoughts, not all official like BRM because let's face it, there's too much working out to do.

Nonetheless, I've realized watching NXT is the only commentary team that's absolutely completely tolerable and furthermore, enjoyable.

Alright, ...Did Killian Dane die his hair? Or his beard? Both? Something seems different. I guess it was a nice way to get Sanity on the show a bit more, plus Dane got to fight a bit to show his own stuff.

More Roderick Strong stuff, which tbh even though I've literally never before seen any of him before NXT, I don't care and don't wanna see several minutes of an unfiltered look at a wrestler's life. This is wrestling.

Heavy Machinery were fun and cool as usual. I like those guys. Can you guess why? After they shout out at AOP. I'm really hoping they'll be the ones to stop them.

Kona Reeves and Itami? IDC. What's interesting is how they're still calling it GTS, because it's not like anyone else ever used that around here.

The only non squash of the show I'm pretty sure, the women's Battle Royale ended so quickly and it was pretty much rushed through. That's a shame, because I've heard Candice Lerae and Kimber Lee were there, plus I wanted to see more of Daria Bertanaro, I think that's her name. For crying out loud, they actually had an Aleister Black video in the middle of the entrances. Wonderful. Asuka wrecked the end and Ember Moon was thrown out and basically suicide dived the rail with her shoulder hard. What a sell, but wow. It almost seemed like she hit with one shoulder and then grabbed the other arm, but idk.

Four way title match. Cool. Though two other things worth mentioning were Ruby Riot's and Nikki's reactions. Ruby was furiously in pain, and I'm gonna sit right here and be the next one to highly praise Nikki's character work... everything after Asuka ran in...to the slightly quiet grunting of "Asuka! Asuka! Asuka!", to the pointing and laughing at Ember Moon writhing in pain on the outside, way to go for not bringing that up btw, as well as the staring into camera to close the show, which says enough it's own right.

Two other things , again lol-Lacey Evans was there, which I still can't quiet figure out, though I think her and Daria would make a really cool rough and tough team, and Ember Moon has dropped the contacts. Cool, never really worked for me and I didn't quite get it.

Not bad, but mostly a show full of squashes and a rushed battle royal which could ever been better with all the talent involved.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: NXT.5/3

Post by cero2k » May 4th, '17, 11:42

maybe do it like meltzer but instead of working out during RAW commercials, you can write something up between workout reps