BRM Reviews the 4/12/2017 NXT (Nakamura Goodbye)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/12/2017 NXT (Nakamura Goodbye)

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 14th, '17, 02:23

We’ve got a new opening theme and video.

ALEISTER BLACK vs. COREY HOLLIS- no rating, AWESOME squash.

TYE DILLINGER PROMO & SMACKDOWN RECAP- fine. We’re getting EY vs. Dillinger in a cage match next week.

DIY vs. DYLAN MILEY & MICHAEL BLAZE- 3.25/10
But more importantly, it served as our introduction to Mr. Miley. Miley is a big giant monster. When he was in for his team he mostly controlled the action. Michael Blaze wound up getting pinned, so a frustrated Miley beat the sh*t out of him after the match.

EMBER MOON VIDEO PACKAGE- very bad. She needed to be A LOT more pissed off at getting cheated. Instead she was all sad as if she had lost cleanly.

RUBY RIOT PROMO- very good.

RUBY RIOT vs. KIMBERLY FRANKELE- 2/10 (but good for the time it got).
Kimberly needs to ditch that stupid stage bow gimmick immediately. This was great for the time it got, like you would expect any match between these two to be, even with Ruby dominating almost all of the action. Unfortunately it had Nikki Cross showing up to hang over it like a dark match-ruining specter. She didn’t actually ruin the match, but her presence meant that you knew a DQ could come at any minute.

AUTHORS OF PAIN VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

BILLIE KAY WALKS AROUND THE TRAINERS’ AREA OF THE NXT PERFORMANCE CENTER- she walks up to Liv Morgan and Aliyah to make fun of them so Liv shoves her into a nearby therapy tub full of water. Billie floundered around and screamed and cried and I laughed my ass off at her. That’s how you show your ass as a heel. This was excellent.

DREW MCINTYRE vs. ONEY LORCAN- 6.25/10
Percy Watson mentions FCW. I popped. This match was totally nuts for the time it got.

DREW MCINTYRE PROMO- great… although I’m sure the part where essentially buried Raw and SD by saying he’d rather be in NXT will ruffle some feathers.

NAKAMURA GOODBYE PROMO- heartfelt and excellent. This should dispel any fears that anyone has about his ability to cut promos on the main roster. Balor showed up at the end and they hugged.

A great episode of NXT, with everything being good for the time it got, an extremely funny backstage segment, and a wonderful sendoff for Shinsuke Nakamura.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: BRM Reviews the 4/12/2017 NXT (Nakamura Goodbye)

Post by XIV » Apr 14th, '17, 09:59

Big Red Machine wrote:ALEISTER BLACK vs. COREY HOLLIS- no rating, AWESOME squash.

How amazing was this. McGuiness's commentary alongside it made it all the more amazing.
Played perfectly. Cool. Calm. Collected. BAM! Game over.
Have A Nice Day!