BRM Reviews the 4/5/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/5/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 7th, '17, 00:53

ALIYAH vs. PEYTON ROYCE (w/Billie Kaye)- 2.25/10
Didn’t Aliyah get released? Or did I just dream that? I would have no problem if this was a Loser Leaves NXT match. That being said, Aliyah didn’t suck here, which is a vast improvement for her, and the problem with Royce is more that I’m sick and tired of her and Kaye more than it is anything else, so this was definitely watchable. Not very high praise, I know, but it did exceed expectations and it’s not like this was objectively bad in some way or another (like being full of Aliyah’s usual crappiness).

Nigel McGuinness was forced to describe Peyton Royce as “a very dangerous sports entertainer.” Do you think WWE knows how stupid this sounds but they don’t care because branding is more important to them than not sounding laughably stupid, or do you think they’re so dumb they think this actually sounds cool?

ASUKA INTERVIEW FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- Really Kayla? No question about Asuka’s extremely questionable tactics on that finish?

KAYLA INTERVIEWS ONEY LORCAN- he has a match tonight against a mystery opponent.

ANDRADE “CIEN” ALMAS THING- they used a picture from his Instagram to show that he was out partying after his loss (also an excuse to tell everyone that Aleister Black won) and they wondered if he was focusing too much on his life outside of the ring. Also, the woman on the right in his picture looked WAY too familiar for this have been a picture not taken for the purpose of this angle.

THE BOLLYWOOD BOYZ vs. HEAVY MACHINERY- no rating meh squash
Like last week’s Heavy Machinery squash, this went VERY long. I was really hoping that they would let the Bollywood Boyz at least get some good underdog babyface spots in but it was all Heavy Machinery.

PAUL ELLERING (& THE AUTHORS OF PAIN) PROMO FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- fine

SHINSUKE NAKAMURA VIDEO PACKAGE- very well done.

BOBBY ROODE PROMO FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- snore

DREW MCINTYRE PROMO- great!

ONEY LORCAN vs. EL VAGABUNDO- 4/10
El Vagabundo is a Luchador with a beard and a guitar. His definitely doesn’t sound like a native Spanish speaker.
Hey… wait a minute! Vagabundo? Like “vagabond?” As in a drifter? *GASP!* IT’S THE F*CKING DRIFTER! GET HIM OUT OF HERE! He lost a “Loser Leaves NXT match” last week and that means I shouldn’t ever have to see him on NXT again! EVERYBODY GET HIM!

Oney Lorcan is apparently having similar thoughts. Why is the crowd cheering for The Drifter? Maybe they’re just dumb and haven’t figured it out?
The match was meh, but Nigel McGuinness’ commentary was wonderful. Sampson gets dragged away by a security woman. They should have sent Estrella or whatever the name of the woman who is former MP out there is.

A mostly dull first show after a non-Full Sail Takeover, as usual, but at least Nigel’s commentary in the main event makes that match worth watching.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 4/5/2017 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 7th, '17, 08:43

I noticed that Peyton Royce thing as well about the "sports entertainer".

I actually had a conversation with my mother about this term the other day...So she's entertaining us with sports, I suppose? Entertains sports?

Agreed about Billie Kaye and Peyton Royce though...Getting really old by now...Plus they're Even more annoying now with the silly little finger pointing gesture they're doing now...Lol man.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.