BRM Reviews the 2/8/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/8/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 10th, '17, 01:33

THE BOLLYWOOD BOYZ vs. SAnitY (w/Eric Young & Nikki Cross)- no rating, great segment.
It’s been over a decade, but we’ve finally found a new target for the “SHAVE YOUR BACK!” chants in Killian Dain. The match was all but a squash. Wolfe didn’t even get tagged in.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- EY grabs a mic. Rabid squirrel Nikki Cross runs up to him and tries to snatch it away while shouting that she wants Asuka but EY just pulls the mic away from her and tells her to calm down. Then EY cut a good promo on the locker room as a whole, but also Tye Dillinger in particular. The dynamic that SAnitY has with each other, especially between EY and the others and between Cross and the others, definitely sets them apart from pretty much any other stable that I can remember.

LIV MORGAN vs. BILLIE KAY (w/Peyton Royce)- 1.5/10
Liv wins despite the interference from Royce, which at least feels like a step forward for her.

TYE DILLINGER INTERVIEW- He says he hasn’t been humbled by SAnitY, then immediately starts trying to talk about the Royal Rumble. I was thrilled that SAnitY jumped him before he could start pretending that he actually did something to get into the Rumble. They spilled back into the ring, and Dillinger was saved by No Way Jose and Roderick Strong.

REGAL ANNOUNCES THAT THE UK TITLE WILL BE DEFENDED NEXT WEEK- to be honest… I don’t care about this title and don’t understand how anyone possibly could. It’s just such a pointless championship.

THE MEAN AUSTRALIANS BURST INTO REGAL’S OFFICE- they complain about Liv Morgan and demand a match with her next week. Regal books them against Liv and a partner of her choosing. So far so good. Then the Aussie lasses reacted to this by interlocking all four of their hands, shouting “SHE DOESN’T HAVE ANY FRIENDS!” in unison, and then hopping- yes, HOPPING- out of Regal’s office. THAT WAS SOOOOOOO WEIRD.

THE REVIVAL vs. HEAVY MACHINERY (Tucker Knight & Otis Dozovic)- 4/10
The Revival get beaten down by the big guys but make their comeback and get the win in preparation for challenging the Authors of Pain, which they did in their great post-match promo. They want a title shot at Takeover: Orlando. The Authors of Pain and Paul Ellering come out and The Revival leave. Then the Authors head back up the ramp… but The Revival come back and jump them from behind, then run away.

TYLER BATE VIDEO PACKAGE- meh

BOBBY ROODE’S GLORIOUS CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATION- just as glorious as advertised.
Roode was amazing here… but somehow my favorite moment here was Tom Phillips’ closing line: that Roode “was victorious. Now he must defend.” That was BRILLIANT.

TRENT SEVEN VIDEO PACKAGE- meh.

RODERICK STRONG, TYE DILLINGER, & NO WAY JOSE vs. SAnitY (w/Nikki Cross)- 5/10

A fun show from NXT, despite the disappointing main event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/8/2017 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 10th, '17, 10:02

So you completely ignored the fact that Graves has been replaced full time by...Nigel McGuiness.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/8/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 10th, '17, 10:07

KILLdozer wrote:So you completely ignored the fact that Graves has been replaced full time by...Nigel McGuiness.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that. I was going to save it for the end to talk about how great he was but I forgot because it was so late at night.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3