BRM Reviews the 1/25/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 1/25/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 26th, '17, 16:28

LIV MORGAN vs. EMBER MOON- 4/10
I was kind of hoping they’d start giving Liv Morgan more time in the ring on TV o we can see what she can really do. She did take a pretty big bump in this one, some at least that’s something new. Ember Moon’s finisher will never not be awesome.

KAYLA BRAXTON INTERIEWS ANDRADE “CIEN” ALMAS- Roddy immediately showed up and they had a good angle with Almas playing a good cowardly heel. The problem was that Kayla appeared to be too short to hold the microphone up to a place where it actually allowed us to hear there guys.

NO WAY JOSE vs. KONA REEVES- 4.25/10

KAYLA TRIES TO INTERVIEW NO WAY JOSE… BUT GETS INTERRUPTED BY THE F*CKING DRIFTER- BOOOO!!! F*ck you, Drifter!
Jose interrupted The Drifter and made fun of him. The Drifter tried to attack Jose but Jose had the high ground and prevented it. Hooray for The Drifter being humiliated. An excellent segment!

TYE DILLINGER PROMO- snore

CHRIS ATKINS vs. ERIC YOUNG (w/SAnitY)- squash
Big Damo has apparently been renamed “Killian Dain.” I’m dead sure they referred to him as “Damo” on the air multiple times before this.

POST-MATCH SANITY STUFF- good.

SHANE THORNE MEDICAL UPDATE- this right here is how you make business out of injuries.

ROODE VS. NAKAMURA VIDEO PACKAGE- GLORIOUS!

WOMEN’S TITLE TALKING SEGMENT- didn’t like it
First the Aussies came out and cut their promo together, which the standard promo you’d expect in this sort of situation. Then Cross came out and they were scared. Then Asuka charged right at them and they ran. Then security showed up to stop Cross and Asuka from fighting but they got beaten up and some stuff happened. They felt WAY too manufactured to me. A big part of the problem that it felt like security were there to be bodies to get bumped around so that they could deliver on some physicality between Cross and Asuka while actually keeping them apart. Also, the Aussies not being involved made them feel unimportant. This was one of those times where I felt very aware while I was watching it that I was watching something booked to lead me in a certain direction rather than an organic segment.

This was a go-home show. It’s exactly what you’d expect an NXT go-home show to be.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3