BRM Reviews the 1/11/2017 NXT (Great!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 1/11/2017 NXT (Great!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '17, 03:01

THE MEAN AUSTRALIANS ATTACK ASUKA OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING- yeah… they came nowhere near doing enough damage to Asuka for me to be able to buy that these two won’t end up in the hospital at the end of the night.

BILLIE KAYE & PEYTON ROYCE vs. TWO JOBBERS- squash
They shouldn’t need to use eye-rakes to beat jobbers. Also, Peyton Royce needs to never wear this ugly Rule 63 version of the Riddler gear ever again.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- GREAT!
The mean Australians cut a promo. Then Asuka showed up and they sh*t their pants, but they still tried to fight her. They were doing decently for a while, but then Nikki Cross came out to save Asuka because she wants to be the one to fight Asuka. This ended with Cross hitting Asuka with a dropkick from the top rope. Uncharacteristically, she didn’t go back to attacking Asuka after she stopped doing so.

SANITY PROMO- decent.
Damo was hiding in a corner, watching them.

I will give a 20/10 rating to the next fifty matches of any wrestler who rips out The Drifter’s vocal cords.

“THE (F*CKING) DRIFTER” ELIAS SAMPSON vs. A JOBBER- squash

ANDRADE “CIEN” ALMAS vs. ONEY LORCAN- 6/10
Is Oney Lorcan’s theme the Camp WWE theme?
The match was GREAT for the time it got!

ADRADE “CIEN” ALMAS PROMO- good

TOM PHILLIPS INTERVIEWS SHINSUKE NAKAMURA- good built to the Roode vs. Shinsuke NXT Title match.

NXT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: DIY(c) vs. The Revival- 8/10
Awesome match, but now we must all weep because the Top Guys are now on the bottom of the division.

THE AUTHORS OF PAIN ASSAULT DIY- good build to their title match.

REGAL BOOKS A TAG TITLE SHOT THAT I’M PRETTY SURE WE ALREADY KNEW ABOUT- then he announces a contract signing we already knew about.
Then Asuka barges in and we finally get some real news:
Asuka: Make the title match for NXT Takeover!
Regal: Against who?
Asuka: All of them!

A great show from NXT, despite the preponderance of squashes and the presence of The Drifter.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 1/11/2017 NXT (Great!)

Post by cero2k » Jan 13th, '17, 10:04

seeing Asuka crying at the end of the show has to be the most intense segment of the year, i never thought i'd see that woman cry

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '17, 10:24

cero2k wrote:seeing Asuka crying at the end of the show has to be the most intense segment of the year, i never thought i'd see that woman cry

She wasn't crying. It was her facepaint ruined by them dumping water at her in the opening segment.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 13th, '17, 10:29

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:seeing Asuka crying at the end of the show has to be the most intense segment of the year, i never thought i'd see that woman cry

She wasn't crying. It was her facepaint ruined by them dumping water at her in the opening segment.

NO!! She was crying!
it's the only reason i gave a shit about the show!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '17, 10:49

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

NO!! She was crying!
it's the only reason i gave a shit about the show!

Dude... it's ASUKA. F*cking JOBBERS wouldn't be crying about something like that half an hour later. 99% of wrestlers wouldn't be crying about it ten seconds later.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 13th, '17, 10:55

Big Red Machine wrote:Dude... it's ASUKA. F*cking JOBBERS wouldn't be crying about something like that half an hour later. 99% of wrestlers wouldn't be crying about it ten seconds later.

it wasn't the physical pain, she was heartbroken that no one likes her in the women's roster, she's home sick and wants to take it on those 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '17, 13:25

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Dude... it's ASUKA. F*cking JOBBERS wouldn't be crying about something like that half an hour later. 99% of wrestlers wouldn't be crying about it ten seconds later.

it wasn't the physical pain, she was heartbroken that no one likes her in the women's roster, she's home sick and wants to take it on those 3

I think you're reading A LOT into that. We have seen no indication that Asuka gives a sh*t whether or not anyone likes her or that she is homesick (and also she was just in Japan, like, a month ago).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation