BRM Reviews the 12/27/2016 205 Live

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/27/2016 205 Live

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 29th, '16, 15:17

CEDRIC ALEXANDER (w/Alicia Fox) vs. TONY NESE (w/Drew Gulak)- 6/10
Drew Gulak… in a suit and tie?. Impossible. It must be his identical twin or something.
For the second straight week some sort of distraction involving Alicia Fox (which wasn’t her fault) causes Cedric to get distracted and lose. Nese pinned him after a Shotei. Why is Nese using a palm strike as his finisher instead of his 450?

We’ve already got someone with a sign for “Alicia Foooox” (like the way Dar draws her name out when he says it). I hope this trend continues until we get someone like the old collaborative WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs for Flair that stretched an entire row.

Speaking of Noam Dar and Alicia Fox…

NOAM DAR & ALICIA FOX BACSTAGE- He has missile toe. Fox slaps him. I don’t like what they’re doing with Dar. He’s a good babyface and should be used as one. Also, I really don’t want to see this sort of soap opera stuff on my Cruiserweight show.

RENEE YOUNG’S SIT-DOWN INTERVIEW WITH NEVILLE- AWESOME! Especially the stuff about Swann.

MUSTAFA ALI vs. JOHN YURNET- DUD!
This was a squash with a couple of weird spots. Also, Yurnet’s gimmick seems t be that he shouts weird things.

MUSTAFA ALI PROMO- hopefully this is the babyface promo that wraps up the whole “everyone assumes I’m a terrorist because I’m a Muslim” angle.

ARIYA DAIVARI VIDEO PACKAGE- I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone come off so generic despite trying so hard not to. Also, if you’re going to mention your brother, can you please stick to the kayfabe first name he was given when he first debuted? It’s Khosrow Daivari. This “Shawn” person exists only in ROH and on the indies.

GENTLEMAN’S DUEL: Jack Gallagher vs. Ariya Daivari- yeah… I hated this. This was a “sports entertainment” segment in the middle of what has otherwise been portrayed as a pro wrestling show. Jack Gallagher is a “character” not a pro wrestler. Keep him on Raw, but keep him away from the serious wrestling show.

TAJIRI IS COMING NEXT WEEK- I’m excited.

RICH SWANN vs. ADRIAN NEVILLE- 7.5
Neville beats the champ clean, then assaults him after the match to boot.

A good episode of 205 Live.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3