BRM Reviews the 11/9/2016 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 11/9/2016 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 10th, '16, 13:22

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC SEMI FINAL MATCH: DIY vs. The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering)- 7/10

Damn that Revival!

Apparently the name of the trophy is the “Dusty Cup,” because who doesn’t dream of taking a glorious drink of victory from a Dusty Cup.

TYE DILLINGER PROMO- fine until that goofy last line.

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC SEMI FINAL MATCH: TM61 vs. Sanity (w/other members of Sanity)- 6.5/10
I think Sanity’s entrance is cooler when the other team is already in the ring. It feels like there is more of an intimidation factor.
The match was a good babyface in peril story. Whatever that stupid weird more dance-y version of the Viper Dance that Alexander Wolf did needs to never happen again.

REGAL BOOKS REVIVAL VS. DIY 2 OUT OF 3 FALLS FOR THE TAG TITLES AT TORONTO- should be great.

EMBER MOON vs. RACHAEL EVERS- squash
I guess being trained by Lance Storm automatically makes you a member of the family?

JOE-NAKAMURA CONTRACT SIGNING- Joe was an awesome heel and I get they were going for with Nakamura, but I didn’t like it. I thought he kind of looked like a jerk going after security like that. Also, it seems very out of character for Regal to not try to stop Shinsuke.

A good show from NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/9/2016 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 15th, '16, 14:00

It only now occurred to me that not only was Ellering using Lance Storm's shoot last name, but one of Lance's daughters is actually named "Rachel Evers."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3