BRM Reviews the 11/2/2016 NXT (great)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 11/2/2016 NXT (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '16, 02:21

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC FIRST-ROUND MATCH: Roderick Strong (& Austin Aries) vs. Shane Thorne (& Nick Miller)- 7.5/10
This was supposed to be a tag match (obviously) but due to Aries’ injury, Regal just made it a singles match. Aries cut an utterly fantastic promo to set this all up.
Roddy lost. If I was booking this I would have just had it be a forfeit because it sets up a match between Aries & Roddy and the eventual winners when Aries is healthy again (especially if it’s TM61 who go on to win, and even more so if you do a non-tournament singles match here with Roddy going over. Then you wouldn’t have to beat Roddy right away and you wouldn’t have the awkwardness of a singles match in a tag tournament).
Roderick Strong continues to be Roderick Strong, having great matches with everyone he is put in the ring with.

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC FIRST-ROUND MATCH: Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa vs. The Revival-
Scott Dawson comes out on crutches and says he is injured, too. He and Dash cut a promo on Gargano and Ciampa and then walk off, forfeiting the match. Wow 0-for-2 tonight in terms of delivering advertised matches.

DASHA INTERVIEWS CEDRIC ALEXANDER- Cedric cuts a great promo to set up for a match with Andrade Cien Almas.

DASHA INTERVIEWS CIAMPA & GARGANO- fun

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC FIRST-ROUND MATCH: Rich Swann & No Way Jose vs. The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering)- 6.75/10
The Authors win, but this was the first time I ever remember them needing help from Ellering, which puts the Swann & Jose team over a bit.

MICKIE JAMES VIDEO PACKAGE- good… although I find it quite humorous that they included her origin as a fan of Trish’s… but didn’t include any of the crazed stalker parts. That’s kind of a big thing to forget.

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC FIRST-ROUND MATCH: Kota Ibushi & TJ Perkins vs. Sanity (Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton) (w/Eric Young & Nikki Cross)- 6.5/10

A great show from NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3