BRM Reviews the 9/21/2016 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/21/2016 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 22nd, '16, 15:41

SAMOA JOE PROMO- he’s got a copy of Shinsuke Nakamura’s medical report and is bragging about the damage he did to him. Joe is a great heel. They say Nakamura should be out for 6-12 weeks. Joe doesn’t want to wait, so he demands that Regal either give him Nakamura, or give him back the title. Regal comes out and vows to “fix the problem” that Joe caused. Joe threatens to injure the entire roster if Regal doesn’t capitulate. This was awesome.

CEDRIC ALEXANDER VIDEO PACKAGE & PROMO- good.

LIV MORGAN PROMO- not so good.
Also, that shiny baseball cap needs to go.
Wow! I didn’t expect my wishes to be answered so quickly.
Asuka showed up and they exchanged words. The real problem here is that Asuka is a world-beater while they haven’t done anything to get Morgan beyond the level of five minute matches and jobbing.

AUSTIN ARIES vs. ONEY LORCAN- 6.25/10

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Aries is SOOOO F*CKING GREAT!
He calls out Itami but says he knows Itami won’t come out because Itami is a coward. Being a babyface, of course Itami comes out… and Aries runs away.

DAN MATHA VIDEO- he’s a big dude with muscles.

CIAMPA & GARGANO BRAWL WITH THE REVIVAL AFTER THE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC- good.

ALIYAH vs. BILLIE KAY- 1.25/10
I assume Kay is supposed to be the babyface because Aliyah is the one using the ropes to choke her opponent, but if so, Kay needs to stop buying her entrance gear at Supervillains R’ Us.

MANDY ROSE PROMO- Eva Marie, but with charisma. She apparently doesn’t like Ember Moon because she doesn’t have the right look and doesn’t “fit the mold.”

CEDRIC ALEXANDER vs. ANDRADE “CIEN” ALMAS- 7.5/10

Good first win for Cedric.

A fine episode of NXT that left me shocked that it didn’t end with Joe kicking Cedric and Almas’ asses.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3