BRM Reviews the 8/17/2016 NXT (Alexa Bliss!: Ring General!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/17/2016 NXT (Alexa Bliss!: Ring General!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 17th, '16, 21:41

HIDEO ITAMI vs. MUSTAFA ALI- 4/10

BABYFACE WOMEN’S TEAM BACKSTAGE- they look like total dorks. Especially the WAY-too-smiley brunette.
Wait… was that just Nikki Storm?

TAKEOVER VIDEO PACKAGE- GREAT!
I think the beginning of this was specifically intended to assassinate Kevin Dunn via aneurysm with the number of times they said “wrestling” and “fans” instead of “sports entertainment’ and “universe.”

HEEL WOMEN’S TEAM BACKSTAGE- Why Alexa Bliss! is awesome: Exhibit T:
Alexa does not want to lose this match, so she yells at Mandy to “stretch harder!”

WILLIAM REGAL PUTS OVER TAKEOVER- he gets interrupted by… Brunette Emma? Oh wait that’s just Billie Kay. I’m much less excited now. She’s been winning a lot so she wants a match. Regal books her against the debuting Ember Moon.

DARIA BERENATO, MANDY ROSE, & ALEXA BLISS! vs. NIKKI GLENCROSS, LIV MORGAN, & CARMELLA- 5.75/10
Corey Graves’ over the top selling of Mandy Rose was hilarious. Giant ponytail Alexa Bliss! is less hot than regular Alexa Bliss! The match was fun. Daria Berenato and Mandy Rose are like two complete and total opposite ends of the spectrum for (lacking a better term) the role of women in WWE. Mandy appears perfectly happy to be a sex object while Daria comes across as 100% athlete.

JOE/NAKAMURA INTERVIEW WITH BYRON- good, I guess.

An uneventful but easy to sit through NXT. It was very much a dedicated go-home show. Also, it featured Alexa Bliss!: Ring General.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3