BRM Reviews the 5/4/2016 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 5/4/2016 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » May 6th, '16, 00:55

OPENING SEGMENT- Samoa Joe comes out to cut his first promo as champion. He was saying standard stuff about how he’s the best and anyone who thinks they could beat him should put their money where their mout-
NO! NO NO NO NO! GO AWAY ERIC YOUNG! DO NOT RUIN MY NXT! I thought I was rid of him when he quit TNA last week but now he’s following me to other promotions! IT’S NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR NOT FAIR NOT FAIR!
Tom Phillips tells the worst lie he has ever told, which was that Eric Young “is one of the hottest free agents” in wrestling. Eric Young is a “hot” free agent the same way that Quasimodo is hot. He appeals to very niche group of people whose very desire to see him should be taken as an indicator to the rest of the human race that they should not be allowed to breed.
He’s already yelling for no reason. Just his very cadence annoys the hell out of me.
He points in Joe’s direction and says “I collect those.” I can only assume he is talking about Samoa Joe t-shirts because we all sure as hell know he isn’t talking about respected championships.
Joe responded to EY’s crap with the following: “EY, you don’t belong in the same ring as me, and the next time you do, I’m gonna kick your ass.” I doubt I will pop harder for anything said on this whole show, even if Alexa Bliss wins the women’s title.

TESSA BLANCHARD vs. NIA JAX- squash

TYE DILLENGER vs. AUSTIN ARIES- 4.5/10
For some reason, right after Aries kicked out of Dillenger’s Goto Sleep, they cut to random dudes in the second row, some of whom weren’t even looking at the show.
Aries won with the 450, which was interesting since I was certain that move was still banned by WWE.

THE HYPE BROS. vs. THE REVIVAL- 3.5/10

A NEW INTERVIEW GIRL INTERVIEWS JUSTIN GABRIEL ALEX RILEY- very good promo by Riley.

NO WAY JOSE vs. A JOBBER- squash

THE NEW GIRL INTERVIEWS AUSTIN ARIES- good promo by Aries.

FINN BALOR VIDEO PACKAGE- maybe that long-rumored “inner demon” heel turn is finally coming?

SAMOA JOE vs. ERIC YOUNG- 6.75/10
The most I’ve enjoyed Eric Young since Team Canada disbanded.

A very blah episode of NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 5/4/2016 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » May 6th, '16, 08:39

Imagine that big, re ridiculous.. Way over exaggerated, Tom and Jerry style laughter as my reaction to your reaction about Eric Young.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 5/4/2016 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » May 6th, '16, 08:41

Actually... I revealed the news a week early or so just to laugh at you ahead of time!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.