BRM Reviews the 3/9/2016 NXT (JOE VS. ZAYN!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/9/2016 NXT (JOE VS. ZAYN!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 9th, '16, 22:11

WILLIAM REGAL MAKES SOME ANNOUNCEMENTS- good
1. Baron Corbin deserves to be suspended, but he won’t be because Aries has asked for a match with him instead, so that will happen at Takeover: Dallas.
2. Tonight’s #1 contendership match will be 2 out of 3 falls.

Shown at ringside sitting together are Sasha Banks, Michael Hayes, and KENTA. Quite the odd combination of people. Also, there is Larry Zbyszko and Mauro Ranallo.

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS #1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe- 9/10

Today’s review has been kept short because the time you spend reading it is time that you should have been spending watching the main event. GO WATCH IT NOW!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 3/9/2016 NXT (JOE VS. ZAYN!)

Post by cero2k » Mar 10th, '16, 08:41

wow, we are in complete disagreement for this match, i hated it. I thought it was 90% stalling and 10% wrestling. It made Zayn look like a weakling that makes me wonder how was Joe not able to defeat him before, where was this fighting spirit when he had a crappy pin two weeks ago. I hated that for some reason, the last 10 minutes were a last man standing for Joe. The forced this gimmick of going the full show, but the execution was terrible IMO

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 3/9/2016 NXT (JOE VS. ZAYN!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 10th, '16, 09:49

cero2k wrote:wow, we are in complete disagreement for this match, i hated it. I thought it was 90% stalling and 10% wrestling. It made Zayn look like a weakling that makes me wonder how was Joe not able to defeat him before, where was this fighting spirit when he had a crappy pin two weeks ago. I hated that for some reason, the last 10 minutes were a last man standing for Joe. The forced this gimmick of going the full show, but the execution was terrible IMO
Fighting spirit spots work best (IMO) if you only have one or two. I thought Sami was great tonight. He showed fighting spirit, but also in a way that sold.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3