BRM Reviews the 12/23/2015 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/23/2015 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 23rd, '15, 23:08

JASON JORDAN & CHAD GABLE vs. THE VAUDEVILLANS vs. THE HYPE BROS. vs. BLAKE & MURPHY (w/Alexa Bliss!)- 6.75/10
The Vaudevillans are dressed up as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. Jordan and Gable got a HUGE pop. The match was oodles of fun. Great heat on Gable, and the crowd went nuts for Jason Jordan suplexing people left and right.

EMMA, DANA, & ASUKA BACKSTAGE- I never thought I’d say this, but Dana Brooke is really entertaining.

TYE DILLENGER PROMO- this “perfect ten” bullsh*t needs to go.

ELIAS SAMPSON VIDEO- he is hanging out on railroad track and he is a country singer, so I assume he is looking for the corpse of Mickie James to eat her heart and gain her talent. I guess he never visited the TNA website to find out that James Storm did not, in fact, murder Mickie at that train station in Nashville.

BARON CORBIN PROMO- He says he deserves to be the #1 contender. Makes sense to me.

BULL DEMPSEY vs. “THE DRIFTER” ELIAS SAMPSON- 0.5/10
Also, does anyone else think Sampson is going out of his way to look like Austin Aries?
Nice Big Daddy tribute for Bull. The again, I’m pretty sure Bull is about to do a job, which Daddy didn’t often do.
Sampson won with a diving elbow drop.

DASH & DAWSON PROMO FROM LAST WEEK- good

SAMI ZAYN vs. TYE DILLENGER- 6.5/10
Not a great match or anything, but it was solid. What really mattered was getting to see Sami back in the ring again.

SAMI ZAYN PROMO- Sami’s back

An enjoyable episode of NXT.

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. Bryon Saxton said that “Blake and Murphy probably wouldn’t have ever won the titles if it wasn’t for Bliss.”
Dude… she joined them when they were already champions!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3