BRM Reviews the 10/28/2015 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/28/2015 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 29th, '15, 00:03

SHAZZA vs. EMMA (w/Dana Brooke)- great squash
I have no idea who Shazza is, but she looks like what Allison Wonderland (as in the Lewis Carroll book, not the retired indy valet who was part of the Age of the Fall) would look like if she were a wrestler. Emma beat the living sh*t out of this girl.

JAMES STORM PROMO AFTER LAST WEEK’S MATCH- he basically stated most of the lyrics to Longnecks and Rednecks. He was awesome.

Apollo Crews will get his title shot next week.

FIN BALOR VIDEO PACKAGE- some new footage from fan interviews and a lot of old footage from those videos they showed when they were building Balor up for his title shot at Beast in the East.

TOMMASO CIAMPA & JOHNNY GARGANO vs. JASON JORDAN & CHAD GABLE- 6.5/10
Gable was a good babyface in peril.

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS BAYLEY- good promo by Bayley.

EVA MARIE IN PARIS PROMO- this fell flat to me. She didn’t seem anywhere near as condescending as she has in the past.

NIA JAX vs. KAY LEE RAY- 1/10
Jax was a bit better than last time, but as someone who has watched a lot of Awesome Kong matches over the years in TNA, Jax comes off as completely inferior version.

DASH & DAWSON JUMP CASS & ENZO DURING THEIR ENTRANCE- they injure Cass’ knee. Good segment.

ALEXA BLISS! PROMO- great. She has talked to Regal, and now Bayley has to find two partners to face her and Blake & Murphy.

APOLLO CREWS VIDEO PART 2- not as good as last week, but still good

SAMOA JOE vs. TYLER BREEZE- 7/10

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS FINN BALOR- good build to next week’s NXT Title defense against Apollo Crews.

A very good show from NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/28/2015 NXT

Post by cero2k » Oct 29th, '15, 10:20

Big Red Machine wrote:SHAZZA vs. EMMA (w/Dana Brooke)- great squash
I have no idea who Shazza is, but she looks like what Allison Wonderland (as in the Lewis Carroll book, not the retired indy valet who was part of the Age of the Fall) would look like if she were a wrestler. Emma beat the living sh*t out of this girl.
i've seen her like once or twice. She's pretty decent for a SHINE level, but so far i think she's more looks that technique, she should get better. Kay Lee Ray on the other hand, i think she's great.

NIA JAX vs. KAY LEE RAY- 1/10
Jax was a bit better than last time, but as someone who has watched a lot of Awesome Kong matches over the years in TNA, Jax comes off as completely inferior version.
I may get heat for this, but I'll take a Lei'D Tapa match over a Nia Jax match any day. so far i'm utterly unimpressed

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/28/2015 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 29th, '15, 23:46

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: NIA JAX vs. KAY LEE RAY- 1/10
I may get heat for this, but I'll take a Lei'D Tapa match over a Nia Jax match any day. so far i'm utterly unimpressed
At their current levels of experience? Yes, I'd go with Tapa, too. But I'm sure that if you give Jax a year, she'll be better than Tapa.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3