BRM Reviews the 8/5/2015 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/5/2015 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 6th, '15, 01:34

BAYLEY vs. CHARLOTTE- 7.5/10
After so much of this watered down “I am Flair’s daughter and nothing else” crap we’ve been seeing on Raw, I was SOOO happy to see Charlotte do that flipping Figure Four Neck-lock she does. Hooray for NXT Charlotte who is actually a well-rounded person!
GREAT match! And don’t tell me you didn’t bite on that first Belly-to-Bayley as a false finish because I won’t believe you.

MICHAEL COLE INTERVIEWS KEVIN OWENS- Owens wants a ladder match to ensure that Regal can’t screw him out of the title. I thought a Last Man Standing match would have been a much better choice.

FAT BULL DEMPSEY SHAMEFULLY WATCHES FAT VIDEOS OF FAT BULL DEMPSEY BEING FAT AND FAILING AT NOT BEING FAT- this inspires him to “do it right this time.” He still seems to have failed.

BARON CORBIN vs. A JOBBER- squash, and therefore a DUD on principle.

REGAL & BAYLEY BACKSTAGE- we’ll have a #1 contendership match next week between Bayley and Becky.

TYLER BREEZE vs. A JOBBER- squash

REGAL MAKES THE LIGER ANNOUNCEMENT- crazy moment.
(It took me three tries before I managed to not accidentally type “Luger”).

LIGER VIDEO PACKAGE- AWESOME!

UHAA NATION VIDEO PACKAGE- his name is Apollo Crews. Not “Cruise.” “Crews.” That’s weird.
He’ll debut at Takeover: Brooklyn

BYRON SAXTON INTERVIEWS FINN BALOR- decent

There was a quite a bit of talk about Sami Zayn on this show which leads me to think that he’ll be back soon.

SCOTT DAWSON & DASH WILDER vs. THE HYPE BROS- 2.75/10
Why are we watching this when we could be watching a Jordan & Gable match or just looking at a still photo of Alexa Bliss or something like that?
Dawson and Wilder beat Ryder up after the match.

REGAL & THE VAUDEVILLANS- they are angry that Alexa Bliss “exploited chivalry.” Unfortunately these schmoes are getting the title shot in Brooklyn instead of Colin & Enzo. Also, Regal charged them with coming up with a way to stop Alexa Bliss from interfering. Hey, Regal? Aren’t you the GM? Can’t you just ban her from ringside?

MORE BULL DEMPSEY CRAP- he is succeeding, but I don’t care.

SAMOA JOE vs. RHYNO- 7/10

A good show from NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3