BRM Reviews the 6/24/2015 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/24/2015 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 24th, '15, 23:40

HIDEO ITAMI & KEVIN OWENS SEGMENT- good build for the Japan show and also set-up for Itami as a future title challenger. They verbally spar a bit, then Owens threatens to assault the injured Itami, so Balor makes the save. Rhyno then comes out and attacks Balor.

ROLLINS-LESNAR VIDEO PACKAGE- good.

SYLVESTER LEFORT & JASON JORDAN vs. COLIN CASSADY & ENZO AMORE (w/Carmella)- 2/10
Carmella has now got herself a “Bye Felicia” t-shirt. Their pre-match promo was a rare miss for Colin & Enzo.
The match was short.

SAMOA JOE PROMO FROM AFTER LAST WEEK’S SHOW- okay.

CASSIE vs. DANA BROOKE (w/Emma)- boring squash. It dragged on way too long.
GRRRRR. How the hell is anyone cheering for Dana Brooke?!

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS CHARLOTTE- good.

FINN BALOR VIDEO PACKAGE- great
And it guest starred Sami Zayn! And Albert!
Karl Anderson sighting! And… NEW JAPAN HYPE?!
Ibushi! Liger! Taguchi!

BULL DEMPSEY IS FAT- and now they have lots of pictures. I loved the Tyler Breeze one. An uggo indeed.

SAWYER FULTON & ANGELO DAWKINS vs. THE HYPE BROS (Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder)- 1.75/10
Dawkins and Fulton pulled out that idiotic Haas & Benjamin leapfrog move. Speaking of moves that need to go… Mojo’s dancing sit-out sledge.

EVA MARIE WANTS A MATCH- she speaks way too softly. I couldn’t figure out what was going on here.

FINN BALOR DEMON VIDEO PACKAGE- DUDE… this Japan show will be NUTS!

FINN BALOR vs. RHYNO- 7/10
Owens was on commentary and was SUCH AN ASSHOLE to the point where you really felt sorry for Rich Brennan.
Great match. Balor wins. Owens assaults him after the match. Rhino and Owens then started to double-team Balor but Joe made the save.

A decent show from NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/24/2015 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 1st, '15, 10:27

I actually was just able to watch NXT yesterday for the first time on Hulu Plus. Takes some getting used to. You can definitely see it's developmental. I've seen the last three or four. The ones with the Fergal Devitt videos. Carmella looks great doing the entrance. The one guy with the fur cape and selfie stick is an idiot-stop wearing your hair in buns, men-lookin' right at you , Ziggler. I think it was CJ Parker though. Mojo Rawley poses the question though:

If he doesn't get hyped but stays hyped, how did one BECOME hyped in the first place?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 1st, '15, 11:01

KILLdozer wrote:
If he doesn't get hyped but stays hyped, how did one BECOME hyped in the first place?
It happened when he was at the most awesome place in the world, the University of Maryland!

Or perhaps he was just born that way.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 1st, '15, 11:44

Have we been over all this already? Plenty of interesting theories here. All very intriguing.
https://m.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/co ... oesnt_get/

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 1st, '15, 11:49

Speaking of Ziggler and that hair-I meant to say something about his whole got dang get-up and look the other day: the obnoxious looking bun-the suit and a t-shirt-capped off by Chuck Taylors. It's like she was taking him to meet her parents and he's some slob who she had to INSIST dressed nice and that was still all the best he could come up with. Threatening a crutched man didn't help that at all, either.