BRM Reviews the 4/22/2015 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/22/2015 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 23rd, '15, 08:50

FINN BALOR vs. TYE DILLENGER- squash.
Wow! A good old-fashioned “kill the jobber!” chant. Don’t think I’ve heard that one in years. Since Bison Smith was in ROH.

TYLER BREEZE PROMO- well… I guess he and Balor are going to be feuding.

DEVIN INTERVIEWS DANA BROOKE- bad
I know she’s a heel so maybe it’s on purpose, but DEAR G-D is her voice annoying. Her promo was also pretty lame, and when she dismissively patted Devin on the head at the end, the only thing I could think was “why are you mocking her height when she’s almost as tall as you are?”

DEVIN INTERVIEWS KEVIN STEEN- decent

#1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: Becky Lynch vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte- 7.25/10
How does Becky do that hair-spinning deal without getting dizzy?
They had a great three-way, making good use of the fact that it was a three-way. I loved the finish, too. Becky’s at the place where she definitely feels like the right person to get the title shot, but turning her too far babyface would be a mistake right now, so they give her a finish that isn’t cheating, but certainly feels like she stole a pin.

HIDEO ITAMI vs. CJ PARKER- 4/10
When Itami’s music hit, JoJo marked out.

SASHA & BECKY BACKSTAGE- good

RHINO vs. A JOBBER- pointless squash

BLAKE, MURPHY, CARMELLA, ENZO, & COLIN BACKSTAGE-
Wow. Enzo and Colin are coming across kind of like jerks… but holy sh*t was that “they got it in the middle of the mall!” line funny.

ALEX RILEY vs. KEVIN OWENS- 4/10
Well… that didn’t go so well for Riley.

POST-MATCH ANGLE- SAMI ZAYN MAKES THE SAVE!
I assume that dive will quickly find its way into the opening video and/or whatever their standard reel of NXT highlights is.

A pretty good show from NXT. The main event angle and the women’s stuff was good, but everything else just felt like filler. Not necessarily bad filler, but filler nonetheless.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 4/22/2015 NXT

Post by cero2k » Apr 23rd, '15, 09:42

Big Red Machine wrote:
A pretty good show from NXT. The main event angle and the women’s stuff was good, but everything else just felt like filler. Not necessarily bad filler, but filler nonetheless.
i think that now that we're done with WM, house shows specials and all, we're back to building up the next special, so it did feel like a lot of filler, but it was filler that started those developments, so i thought it was good.
HIDEO ITAMI vs. CJ PARKER- 4/10
When Itami’s music hit, JoJo marked out.
noticed that, does she not know the card? if so that makes her work so much more impressive that she's ready to announce anyone anytime

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 23rd, '15, 10:11

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
i think that now that we're done with WM, house shows specials and all, we're back to building up the next special, so it did feel like a lot of filler, but it was filler that started those developments, so i thought it was good.
Except it didn't feel like it really started anything aside from Breeze vs. Balor. I guess you could say that Zayn vs. Owens was reignited (and this was the right time to do that) but Sami's been talking about getting his hands on Owens ever since he came back. Enzo & Cass vs. Blake and Murphy has been going on forever. The women's title stuff was started here in a way, I guess, but that's also been going on forever (they just came out of a four-way). I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying that it really doesn't feel like a much of a new start.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 24th, '15, 07:54

Point form Vinny V re the women's match finish: Why is this Becky's pin and not Charlotte if they are both putting pressure on Bayley?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation