BRM Reviews the 3/18/2015 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/18/2015 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 19th, '15, 12:42

KALISTO vs. TYLER BREEZE- 6.75/10
Great opener.

ALEXA BLISS! PROMO- good generic babyface stuff.

ARNOLD SPORTS CONVENTION FAN INTERACTION STUFF- I fast forwarded through most it, but did manage to catch the part at the end where Hunter said “this isn’t a developmental brand anymore.”

FINN BALOR & ALEX RILEY BACKSTAGE- great!

NXT ON THE ROAD VIDEO PACKAGE- great. Hunter apparently gave the lockerroom his own, more PG version of Paul E’s speech from right before Barely Legal.

WESLEY BLAKE (w/Buddy Murphy) vs. COLIN CASSADAY (w/Enzo Amore & Carmella)- 3/10
The match was slow and wasn’t particularly good. Carmella’s bump at the end was practically a phantom bump, which is the worst. More importantly, though, this match really shouldn’t have been on this show. Between all of the video packages and the two big matches there just wasn’t enough time for it. As I sit here typing this, we have 22 minutes left in the show, and we have still yet to see both big matches and the Dana Brooke video package.

DANA BROOKE VIDEO PACKAGE- I understand why they wanted to do this on this show, but there was no actual wrestling content on this. She did cartwheels and she posed in the bodybuilding competition. This didn’t make me excited in any way to see her wrestle and it didn’t get me invested in her character in any way.

NXT WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Sasha Banks(c) vs. Alexa Bliss!- 4.75/10
A good start to a program between these two to build up to a match at the next Takeover special.

KEVIN STEEN PROMO- great.
Wait… Steen vs. Balor is next week?!

ALEXA BLISS & SASHA BANKS BACKSTAGE- another title match next week? This seems rushed. Maybe Sasha cheats to beat her next week and tells her she has to go to the back of the line if she wants to earn another title shot, so then we get Alexa running through the rest of the roster (might as well use Charlotte to put someone else over before she gets called up).

ALEX RILEY vs. KEVIN OWENS- 5.25/10
Not as good as it should have been, but they were only given seven minutes, so it’s not really their fault.

POST-MATCH ANGLE- Owens beat Riley up after the match, but Balor came out to make the save and they brawled, with Balor getting the better of it. Steen giving Riley that one last stomp in his way out was great, though.

A decent episode of NXT, but another example of them trying to squish too much stuff into one show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 3/18/2015 NXT

Post by cero2k » Mar 19th, '15, 13:42

Big Red Machine wrote:
ALEXA BLISS & SASHA BANKS BACKSTAGE- another title match next week? This seems rushed.
WWE wanted a strong NXT show before WM. Why? i don't know, hopefully it doesn't backfire like with TLC and Fastlame where everyone watched the WWE show thinking that NXT was better

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 19th, '15, 17:42

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
ALEXA BLISS & SASHA BANKS BACKSTAGE- another title match next week? This seems rushed.
WWE wanted a strong NXT show before WM. Why? i don't know, hopefully it doesn't backfire like with TLC and Fastlame where everyone watched the WWE show thinking that NXT was better
Yeah, but Bliss isn't challenging for the title on that show, is she?
Is the NXT Supercard of Honor going to be a Takeover special?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 20th, '15, 08:19

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
this is what i got
The next set of WWE NXT TV tapings has been announced announced for Thursday, April 23rd.

There is some rumors and speculation that the next live Takeover special could happen on Wednesday, April 22nd. If WWE goes ahead with this, April 23rd will be another set of tapings.
so next week's show seems to be booked as a strong show potentially with all titles will be on the line, but it's not a special. The SCOH one seems to be just a house show.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 20th, '15, 08:26

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: WWE wanted a strong NXT show before WM. Why? i don't know, hopefully it doesn't backfire like with TLC and Fastlame where everyone watched the WWE show thinking that NXT was better
this is what i got
The next set of WWE NXT TV tapings has been announced announced for Thursday, April 23rd.

There is some rumors and speculation that the next live Takeover special could happen on Wednesday, April 22nd. If WWE goes ahead with this, April 23rd will be another set of tapings.
so next week's show seems to be booked as a strong show potentially with all titles will be on the line, but it's not a special. The SCOH one seems to be just a house show.

Either way, this seems VERY rushed. Normally they do a great job of hyping these things up.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation