BRM Reviews the 2/4/2015 NXT (great)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/4/2015 NXT (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 5th, '15, 13:05

COLIN, ENZO, & CARMELLA PROMO- people have been describing them this way forever, but it only really just hit me now. These guys are heels… but they’re so damn entertaining that you can’t help but cheer for them.

EMMA vs. CARMELLA (w/Colin Cassaday & Enzo Amore)- 1.25/10
Yeah… Carmella has no idea how to tell the tarantula.

I believe Alex Riley claimed that Balor and Itami grew up together, which would be difficult, considering that Itami is from Japan and Balor is from Ireland. He would also later say that Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn grew up together, which would also be hard as Neville is English and Zayn is Canadian.

NXT TAKEOVER: RIVAL COMMERCIAL- AWESOME!

NXT TITLE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINAL MATCH: Adrian Neville vs. Baron Corbin- 5/10
Corbin was large and overpowering, Neville was quick and agile. The big spot, obviously, was Bull Dempsey’s interference, which the hard-cam mostly missed. We him get knocked into the post, but we couldn’t see who did it… and I kind of liked that. The hard-cam was the logical camera to use at the time because it showed both guys… and if the show is unscripted, then sometimes the camera will (at least partially) miss things.

SAMI ZAYN PROMO- awesome!

DEMPSEY VS. CORBIN NO DQ’S SIGNED FOR THE TAKEROVER SPECIAL- good. At least it will different than their other (boring) matches.

BECKY LYNCH vs. BAYLEY- 4.25/10
Becky and Sasha got into a shoving match afterwards. Then Charlotte showed up to remind us that she’s in the match, too.

KEVIN OWENS PROMO- great.

“SOLOMON” FINALLY GETS HIS OWN GRAPHIC UP ON THE FEED- and they cut to commercial, like they should. Do you hear that, ROH?

DEVIN TRIES TO INTERVIEW TYLER BREEZE- Tyler is great.

NXT TITLE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINAL MATCH: Hideo Itami vs. Finn Balor- 8/10
Well… that was awesome, and we got a respectful handshake afterwards.

NEVILLE & BALOR HAVE A STAREDOWN ON THE RAMP- good. And they shake hands afterwards.

ZAYN-OWENS VIDEO PACKAGE- F*CKING AMAZING! One of the best I've ever seen!

An awesome episode of NXT, and a much more focused go-home show than NXT usually has.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3