BRM Reviews the 10/30/2014 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/30/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 1st, '14, 20:58

SAMI ZAYN & TITUS O'NEIL BACKSTAGE- set up for the main event. Titus isn't very good when he's scripted.

TAG TEAM #1 CONTENDERSHIP BATTLE ROYALE: The Vaudvillians vs. The Ascension vs. Colin Cassady & Enzo Amore vs. Tye Dillenger & Jason Jordan vs. Wesley Blake & Buddy Murphy- 0.5/10
Yeah... I don't want to see ANY of these teams get a title shot. And have Blake & Murphy even ever WON a match? Dillenger & Jordan, too, now that I think about it.
The match was slow and boring. It's a bunch of guys I don't give a crap about (plus Colin & Enzo) in a small battle royale. The Vaudvillians win (shoot me now) when Hideo Itami distracts the Ascension (again). The only thing saving this from being a dud was stuff Colin & Enzo did with the Ascension.

HIDEO ITAMI & THE ASCENSION BRAWL- The Ascension win because of the numbers game. Again.

EMMA vs. CARMELLA (w/Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady)- 3.75/10
On her way down to the ring Carmella cut a promo full of attempted nicknames and catchphrases that all came off awkward. Yup. Emma's now a jobber in NXT.

JUSTIN GABRIEL vs. BULL DEMPSEY- 4/10
They used the size difference very well.

BAYLEY PROMO- like a fourth grader reciting her two lines in the school play. Next week it will be Bayley & Charlotte vs. Becky & Sasha.

BARON CORBIN vs. TONY BRIGGS- squash
The fans have taken to counting the time of Corbin's matches out loud.

SYLVESTER LEFORT vs. MARCUS LOUIS- squash.
It will be interesting to see where ultra-pissed Marcus Louis goes.

HIDEO ITAMI PROMO- good. He'll have a friend next week.

TITUS O'NEIL vs. SAMI ZAYN- 6.75/10
After the match, Tyler Breeze showed up and said that if Sami Zayn wants to be the #1 contender, he will need to beat him. They will have a match next week.

A mostly dull episode of NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3