BRM Reviews the 10/2/2014 NXT (great)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/2/2014 NXT (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 4th, '14, 23:36

NXT WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Charlotte(c) vs. Bayley- 6/10
You know how they have that graphic of the title belt on the screen before a title match? Well this time they also had a sparkly sound-effect (like the one that used to be at the beginning of Alexa Bliss’ entrance), because all girls like sparkly things, and we’re not supposed to actually take them seriously as grown women at all.
Charlotte worked over Bayley’s knee all match… then randomly won with a terrible looking Natural Selection.

HIDEO ITAMI vs. VIKTOR (w/Konnor)- no rating, good segment.
The match never officially starts because both members of the Ascension jump Itami and beat the sh*t out of him.

ENZO TRAINS CARMELLA- he is being sleazy, so she throws a dropkick. With no formal training at all. I guess that “don’t try this at home” stuff was a joke. The reason they are in here in the middle of the night is so no one sees them training this unsigned amateur. So Big Cass decided to post it on the internet.

BARON CORBIN vs. TROY MCLAINE- squash.
I don’t see why people are so high on Corbin. He’s just a random dude with personality wrestling squash matches.

TYSON KIDD PROMO- good stuff.

LEGIONNAIRES PROMO- they’ll be wrestling Enzo and Colin again next week. What are the chances that this goes more than five minutes? I’d say about 5%.

TYE DILLENGER & JASON JORDAN vs. THE VAUDEVILLANS- 3/10
I hate the Vaduevillans. They are boring as hell and will never go anywhere. Why are we wasting time with them?

ITAMI & THE TRAINER BACKSTAGE- FUNAKI SHOWS UP! And he’s got Itami’s back! HELLS YEAH!

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS BAYLEY- GGRR!
No! No one looks up to you, Bayley. Just go away and retire forever. Those young girls out there will get themselves a real role model like Charlotte or Nattie. Someone who doesn’t come across like a mentally damaged child.
HOORAY FOR SASHA!

LAST CHANCE MATCH FOR THE NXT TITLE: Adrian Neville(c) vs. Tyson Kidd- 7.75/10
Great stuff, and I really liked the overbooking with Titus and Zayn.

I loved the way they went off the air, too. Tyson sitting in a corner, while Mrs. Cody (sorry everyone, I’m baking on her kayfabe name) announced that “Tyson Kidd has no more NXT Championship opportunities).

A great episode of NXT.

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. Tensai “Beating someone once is difficult. Beating them twice is almost near impossible.”
We have seen EXACTLY THIS happen TWICE in the past three weeks! (Corbin vs. Parker, Mojo vs. Dempsey)… and that excludes all of the other times we’ve seen someone beat someone else more than once.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/2/2014 NXT (great)

Post by Bob-O » Oct 5th, '14, 10:32

Big Red Machine wrote:BARON CORBIN vs. TROY MCLAINE- squash.
I don’t see why people are so high on Corbin. He’s just a random dude with personality wrestling squash matches.
Totally agree. He reminds me of the guy that's always broke and trying to borrow money, that "moochie" friend we've all had, who spends his paychecks on stupid chest tattoo's expects everyone to be psyched for him. The same guys that goes out on a lot of dates, but lies about having sex with them all.

He looks like a douche bag, and a good walloping from Bull Dempsey could very well change my opinion of Bull Dempsey. Baron Corbin has not left a very good first impression on me.
Big Red Machine wrote:I hate the Vaduevillans. They are boring as hell and will never go anywhere.
I like their entrance! But you're right, as they are, they're doomed.

However, I think it could work with some tweaking. They need a manager, a front man, to bring it all together.

Big Red Machine wrote:1. Tensai “Beating someone once is difficult. Beating them twice is almost near impossible.”
Haha, I picked up on that too. People beat people twice ALL THE TIME! MOST of the time!

Maybe it was a joke, referencing the time he beat Cena... but that's reaching...

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/2/2014 NXT (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 5th, '14, 12:55

Bob-O wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:BARON CORBIN vs. TROY MCLAINE- squash.
Totally agree. He reminds me of the guy that's always broke and trying to borrow money, that "moochie" friend we've all had, who spends his paychecks on stupid chest tattoo's expects everyone to be psyched for him. The same guys that goes out on a lot of dates, but lies about having sex with them all.

He looks like a douche bag, and a good walloping from Bull Dempsey could very well change my opinion of Bull Dempsey. Baron Corbin has not left a very good first impression on me.
LOL. Whoops. I meant to type "no personality." I guess my keyboard likes Corbin for some reason, too.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3